14: I've Been Waiting for you

A/N: Hello! I just want to clear this up cause it might get confusing. Chapters 12, 13 and 14 are supposed to be happening at the exact same time. 12 and 13 are based on Sam's day with Miranda; while, 14 is focused on Donna's day with their children. 15 would be where it all comes together. If that makes sense. 

Also, I posted another story!! it's a peryl story. If you're interested, why not check it out 🤷‍♀️
—————————
Meanwhile, Donna's day with her new family too was as eventful as Sam's.

Breakfast was surprisingly very fun for all of those involved. Nate and James told endless stories about school and their dad. While, Olivia kept asking Sophie and I questions to try to get to know us better. Sophie and Sky went on and on about how wonderful Kalokairi is and how great it will be if they came over to the Villa. Villa Donna. Just the thought of it made Donna smile. That was her home. She had built the hotel all by herself; well not technically, but she had made it what it was now. She had made her own little world. A world away from her mother and everything else that had hurt her. Sure it wasn't perfect, but it was hers; and now, she would get to share her world with the love of her life. It was an easy decision. She would pick Sam over and over again. The villa was initially theirs. Even when he wasn't there while it was being built. Sam had made the initial blueprints of the villa. He drew it at the back of a menu at a diner in the mainland. Him and Donna were casually having lunch when he suddenly moved his plate and started to sketch on his menu. Then everything just fell into place.

"We would love to come and visit you guys at the island one day." James replied. He was way too excited.
"Well we'd love to have you." Sky smiled.
"When you do go to the island, I'd love to show you this little abandoned bungalow on the highest part of the island." Sophie proudly spoke. Donna's eyes widened. She didn't know that Sophie had found Sam's old place. "It has an incredible view of everything. Plus the previous owner must have been an artist because there are a lot of sketches of the island scattered around the floor." Sophie added.
"I didn't know that you knew about that place." Donna looked at her daughter.
"Yeah! I found it when I was about 12. I was going around the island, and there it was." Sophie explained.
Donna took a deep breath then had a huge grin on her face. "That's interesting."
"Mom?" Sophie was confused. She had always known that about the bungalow. She has lived there for most of her life. She very well knows every inch of the island.
"What's with the bungalow?" Nate asked. He was now just as curious as Sophie.
Olivia looked from her brother to Donna. Donna caught her glance and winked at the young girl. Olivia knew exactly what Donna was thinking. Olivia giggled then turned her attention to Sophie. "Hey Soph, can you describe the sketches you saw in the bungalow for us?" She tried to hold back her laughter.

Donna and Olivia were getting along very well. Throughout breakfast they've been chatting about everything. They were interested to get to know each other. It wasn't because they needed to for Sam's sake, but because both Donna and Olivia seemed to genuinely like each other. They had a lot of things in common. Donna smirked at Olivia's question. She knew that sooner or later the others would catch on. Olivia was a bright girl and the fact that she spends a lot of time with Sam would obviously be the reason why she caught on very quickly. Donna was sure that Sam has mentioned it Olivia already.

"Well..." Sophie paused to look for the right words. "Now that I think about it, the sketches look identical to the ones Mom has of herself scattered around the Villa." She said. Then it hit her. "OH MY GOD! Those are Sam's. He owns the bungalow???" Sophie said a little too loudly. All three boys had their jaws dropped. No one was expecting this at all. Both Donna and Olivia bursted into laughter.

The rest of the meal was pure joy. Donna was able to get to know Sam's kids in a way that made them all comfortable. It was surprisingly easy to get close to them. Almost like they didn't even have to try at all. Sophie and Sky were also slowing falling for the Carmichael's. At some point, Sophie even suggested that they hold their travels just so they can be there when her new brothers and sister got to the island.