23: Baby Blue Eyes

It had been over a month since Sam and Donna's wedding in New York; 2 months since their actual wedding in Kalokairi, yet they act like they've just gotten married. They still look at each other with the exact same loving expression. They would always act like newlyweds because it really was unbelievable how they got married after 21 years of not being together.

Even though the newlyweds' are still in their honeymoon phase, a lot has changed since their wedding. Everyone went either went back to their normal lives or had gone off to paradise to do god knows what. Rosie and Bill had decided to fly to Hawaii together. While, Tanya and Harry both went back to their respective homes. Sophie and Sky too had gone off. They were headed to Morocco. Sam's kids, however, all decided to stay in New York instead of spending the rest of their summer elsewhere. James and Nate have both successfully packed their things and moved in with their mother, Lorraine. Since Sam and Donna would be moving to Greece, they have decided to sell the house and rent out an apartment for them to use whenever they would be in the city. Rationally, it would be practical to have the boys move in with their mother. Olivia, on the other hand, would be moving to Kalokairi. So she had really had taken the time and effort to get to know Donna and Ruby.

Suddenly there was a light knock on the door. Donna groaned; causing Sam to swing his arm around her. They had been up late last night. Sam had been busy fixing the last round of paper work, so that he would be able to continue working when he moved to the Villa. Last night they had talked about renovating the hotel as soon as Sam, Olivia and Ruby got settled. Sam had started suggesting ways of how to add new rooms. While Donna laughed at Sam's crazy ideas. Then, as the sun was starting to rise, they had reminiscing over the old sketch that Sam had done on the back of the menu. Who would have thought that they would end up here?

The knock got louder and more aggressive. "I really hope you're both decent because your daughter and I are entering." Ruby yelled as she dramatically opened the door to the master bedroom.
Donna frowned then forced herself to get up. "What would be so important that you're waking us up at 7am?" Donna was not a morning person; especially when she hadn't had much sleep. Saying that she was cranky would be an understatement. However, that changed when Donna caught a glimpse of Olivia with a wooden tray filled with coffee and pancakes. "You made us breakfast?" She asked the young girl; clearly touched by the sweet gesture.
"I just wanted to do something for you. I know that you have been so sick lately, so I was hoping breakfast in bed would help you feel better." Olivia answered.
"Baby you didn't have to do that." Donna was getting teary eyed. Her youngest was so caring and thoughtful. Donna felt lucky to have met Olivia. "You shouldn't have gone through all that trouble for me."
"Don't worry. It wasn't hard at all. Plus Ruby helped out." Olivia replied.
"I was up pretty early, so I figured I'd make us breakfast. Then when I got down, I realized Olivia was already awake making pancakes. She asked if I wanted to help and here we go." Ruby explained as if it was nothing.
"I hope I don't get used to this or else I'd be expecting this every morning." Donna joked. Olivia moved closer to place the tray on her stepmothers lap. Liv pointed at her sleeping father as a nonverbal way of asking whether or not she should wake him up. Donna nodded.
"Don't worry. I intend do just that when we get to that Villa of yours." Ruby replied with a wide grin on her face.
"I'm counting on it." Donna winked at her mother. Their relationship has improved a lot over the past month. They were able to catch up with each other. Ruby got to know about Donna's passion for the villa, and Donna learned more about where she got her love for performing. It was refreshing to see them together. It looked like they've always had this relationship.

Suddenly, Sam let out a loud snore snapping all of the ladies back to reality. "I'd hate to change the subject, but why don't we wake up this old man." Donna teased. "Liv? Would you do the honor?"
"I'd love to." Olivia smirked. The young girl walked over to her dad's side and looked back at Ruby. Ruby silently giggled. They all knew that Sam hated to be woken up. In addition to that, he would overreact because his mother-in-law and his daughter were in his bedroom. Olivia looked over Donna then nodded. This would be one hell of a show.
"1. 2." Donna mouthed. "Go!" She yelled. Both of them started yelling Sam's name.
He practically jumped off the bed. He jolted up, wide eyed, and incredibly confused. "What the hell?" He started to gain a bit of comprehension. Sam naturally looked over at Donna. He looked angry. Donna could no longer contain her laugher. It was hilarious. Ruby and Olivia started to burst out in laughter too. Only then did Sam notice their presence. "What is happening?" He looked over to the alarm clock on his night stand. "It's too early for everyone to be up." Sam started to lie back down.
"Darling they made us breakfast." Donna lightly nudged him to stay up. Sam groaned. "Olivia made it." Donna added.
Sam sat back up. He was intrigued. He wasn't much of a cook. He only know the basics like how to make pasta and how to boil an egg. He couldn't do any of the fancy stuff, so as a result, his kids all didn't know how to cook. They had relied on take out all their lives. "Pancake mix?" Sam looked at Olivia.
"Nope. I made it all from scratch." Olivia grinned. She was proud of herself.
"Where could you have possibly leaned to make pancakes from scratch?" Sam asked.
"Mom taught me last week." Olivia replied. She had been spending the past month with her mom and dad. Equally. Both parents got to see her and spend time with her for 4 days in a row then she'd go with the other parent for the next 4 days. It was a rule that Olivia has established since the wedding. She thought it would be nice for her spend sometime with her mom and her sisters before she left.
Sam nodded. "Then why don't we try your first attempt at pancakes from scratch." Sam joked as he pinched his daughter's nose. Sam patted an empty spot on the bed for Olivia to sit on.
"As much as we'd love to stay. Ruby and I have made our own batch of pancakes downstairs." Olivia started to slowly walk towards Ruby.
Ruby held out her hand to the young girl. "Come on Olivia. Let's leave these two alone." Ruby placer her arm around Olivia and they started to walk towards the door.
"Hold it!" Sam yelled. "I have a meeting today Liv at the firm, but I believe I have enough time to bring you over to your Mother's before that." Sam explained. Olivia nodded.
"I'll get Olivia all packed and ready by the time you're ready Sam. Now, you two enjoy your breakfast in bed. We worked really hard on that." Ruby smiled. And with that, Ruby and Olivia walked out the door.