19: One Night

Sam and Donna didn't want their impromptu idea to be a big deal. All they wanted to do was to say a little speech to each other wherein they can profess their love and commitment in front of the people they love. The place, the view and the ambiance was perfect and romantic enough for what they were envisioning. They have already done the destination wedding and had a big party afterwards. The flooded courtyard with floating bottles of wine and beer were the proof of how much fun they had that night. Now, all Sam and Donna Carmichael wanted was reassure each other that they weren't going anywhere; they're both in it for the long run. This time they can be together for as long as they wanted, and that was for the rest of their lives.

However, that was not good enough for everyone else.

Nate, James and Olivia have all been dying to see the day that their father would walk the aisle. Of course they would do everything to make this memorable and perfect. A simple exchange of vows was not enough. Luke and Emily too have wanted Sam to run after Donna ever since he came back from Kalokairi, so without a doubt, they would want to plan something more than this. In addition, Ruby too was restless. She wanted to see her daughter marry the man she loved, but she was also afraid to speak up. They have never had the ideal mother-daughter relationship, but that didn't mean that Ruby wouldn't love to see Donna walk down the aisle. If ever that wasn't enough convincing, Sophie and the Dynamos too were not satisfied with what Sam and Donna wanted. It's true that the couple had already done the traditional Church wedding and ceremonial wedding party, but the one they had was designed for Sophie and Sky. The whole shindig screamed Sophie. Donna had done such a beautiful job to make it meet her daughter's expectations, but Sophie didn't get married. Donna did. If the wedding was really intended for Donna, it would have been smaller and quieter than the one they had. Though it was perfectly lovely the way it was, Donna still would have preferred it to be simpler and intimate. Another thing would have been this. Sam Carmichael should get married in places like this. Regal and classy, yet simple. The setting, if they could do it again, should have been here; with the view they have right now. The view of the New York City skyline from a high perspective was perfect. It was much like being on top of the rocky mountain where the church was back in the island.

"Olivia, the piano. James, fix the chairs. Sophie, get Donna ready. Uncle Luke, Dad. Everyone else, places." Nate barked. "We have a wedding."

"That's really not necessary son. Donna and I just want this to be simple. Hell, we don't even want to have the ceremony portion. We just want to exchange vows, put on our wedding rings then kiss. It could be over with in maybe 15 to 20 minutes." Sam knows that his family would make this a big deal, so he wanted to diffuse it as quickly as possible. He looked over to Donna to reassure himself that this was what they wanted. She quickly nodded.

"No offense Dad, but are you insane?" James went closer to Sam. "Have you lost your mind? This is a wedding we're talking about. You don't just do it in 15 minutes." James said as the others nodded in approval. "Especially when it took you 21 years to marry her."

"I don't know boys." Sam hesitated.

"Dad? We all know that you two have already had a wedding, and we do understand why you just want this to be simple. However, we weren't there." Olivia spoke up with her voice cracking. "If you won't do it for you and Donna, then do it for us." Olivia pleaded. The boys smirked at each other. Then James winked at Sophie. The four of them knew that Sam and Donna wouldn't be able to resist Olivia; especially when she looks at them with her lips pouted and her eyes slowly being covered with tears. As if on cue, Olivia went for it. "Please daddy. I really want to see you get married." Olivia said innocently.

Sam looked over to Donna. They both looked so guilty. They were slowly changing their minds. Sophie tried her best to hide her smirk as Olivia winked at her. While, Nate and James gave each other a slight nod. The youngest Carmichael was proud of herself. She had done a convincing job in trying to get them to cave. It was a done deal. Olivia was their secret weapon. They now knew how to beat Sam and Donna. Their parents are outnumbered.