Prologue

Dopamine: This is 'Feel Good' hormone which keeps you motivated and let you enjoy what you really like.

Reference:
Ramanan, Ratheesh. (2015, June 11). What's the difference between dopamine, serotonin, oxytocin, and endorphins? Retrieved from: https://www.quora.com/Whats-the-difference-between-dopamine-serotonin-oxytocin-and-endorphins

--------------------

"Yoshaaa!!!!! I'm not gonna be easy on ya, ya hear me?!" the horned owl bastard shouted as we finally found a spot away from the overcrowded beach.

I scoffed at his confidence. "It's not like I'm gonna lose to you if you give it your all!" I retorted.

"Get ready to get wrecked, Kuroo!"

"That should be my line, Bokuto!"

And with that, we played our little game of water volleyball. Neither of us wanted to lose so we went all out. There wasn't much people around us at sea since they were mostly on the beach, enjoying the sand and chillin' while getting sun tan, so we were not worried about hitting someone with a speeding ball accidentally.

"Take that!!!" Bokuto screamed as he hit the ball strongly and I wasn't able to bring it back to him. He then made a loud victory laugh.

"Goddamit, man! That was out! That cross was so off!" I complained.

"Whaddya mean out?! We don't have any lines around here so how did you know that it was out?!"

"Because it flew so far, you idiot!" I told him as I went my way to grabbed the ball.

I noticed that there was a current, making the ball float away. I decided to swim faster in order to reach it and get back to my bro so that we can play another round.

"Got it!" I yelled as I got the ball but Bokuto wasn't able to hear me. I was so far out from him. I couldn't even reach the sea bottom even if I try to swim down.

As I was about to swim back to him, I caught something on the corner of my eye but it was a bit blurry since it was at a distance. My attention was filled with curiosity towards it that I didn't even realized that Bokuto kept calling my name as he swam towards me. I just focused my gaze on that mysterious thing and my eyes grew wide when I finally deciphered what it was.

"Shit!" I cursed out loud as I was not ready for what I was actually seeing, swimming as fast as I can towards it.

"Hey! Kuroo, where are you going?" I could barely hear Bokuto's voice at the background of the seawater splashing at each desperate strokes that I made.

But I didn't stop. I couldn't stop. I was racing against time and I can't afford to lose a second... Not when saw a person floating with her face down and not moving a fucking inch!