Wedding Night

Oh boy, this is a long one (https://archiveofourown.org/works/15370365)

He should've been with Nino and the others, making sure that the groom was getting some rest for his big day instead of succumbing to Kim led peer-pressure to drink another round 'as a single man'.  He should've been in his room, making sure his suit was ironed and his shoes shiny.

He should've been anywhere, but on top of a blue roof at night, stalking a minor pickpocket. 

Yet, there he was.

Chat Noir, Parisian hero, was far outside his territory.  He didn't plan on transforming while he was in Greece and under normal circumstances, he wouldn't have.

However, his photography team's young assistant had her wallet stolen and Adrien alone was witness to it.  The girl was new and wasn't making much to begin with. It seemed unfair that of all the people on site for the shoot, it would be her wallet that was swiped as they wrapped up.

She was lucky it happened when he was already leaving and had the chance to transform.  It was unlucky that it was now dark out and he was missing hanging out with Nino and the guys.  Still, he couldn't ignore it in good conscience.

He followed the pickpocket through near half of Santorini, trying his best to stay as unseen as he could.  It was impossible when the buildings were whitewashed or pastels and bright while he was in black.

Somehow, no one noticed him. 

He crouched down and watched the young man slip into an alley.  The bright teal wallet was pulled from beneath his shirt. It was now or never. 

Chat Noir jumped into the alley and did his best to greet the pickpocket in Greek.  The thief looked more stunned to see some guy in a leather catsuit appear next to him than anything else and in that brief moment of confusion, Chat plucked the wallet from his hand, winked, and jumped back on to the roof top.

He could hear the pickpocket in the alley below, confused and muttering something about a cat.  Chat held back a chuckle and unzipped the wallet. All the cards seemed in place, it was still packed with bills - the first thing a pickpocket would've swiped.  Satisfied nothing appeared stolen, Chat Noir headed back to the hotel where the photography crew was staying.

It was easy to find her room.  He could hear her on the phone from the outside, talking in somewhat still panicked French to her bank about her stolen wallet.  Chat grimaced; she could've been a bit quieter about it. He was just above her window and he could hear her details clearly. 

He hung over the edge and looped the wrist strap around the latch of the window pane before rapping against the glass just loud enough to get her attention.  Without waiting to be seen, he pulled himself up.

"My wallet!"  Chat smiled, satisfied, as he heard her rush over to the window and unhook it.  She would find that everything was there: credit cards, Euros, and an identification card.  "'Ello? No, don't cancel the card. I found it...."

Another job well done , he told himself.

Chat stood up and stretched.  His hotel room was down the street.  Normally, he'd stay near the crew, but this time he wanted to stay near Nino and the others.  As he jumped from rooftop to rooftop, careful not to overestimate and crash into the stout buildings, he wondered if he could still make it and grabs from drinks with the guys. 

He already missed the bachelor's party back in Paris because he was in Milan, though he paid for whatever he could remotely.  They wanted to go to a club? He made a phone call. They wanted drinks? Gave the bar his credit card. Alya concerned that they'd get too drunk?  Hire some cars and booked a five star suite at Le Grand so they could nurse their drunkenness in safety.