Blind

(archiveofourown.org/works/5852563?view_adult=true) This is an especially good one. It's perfect in all the right ways. Hope it makes up for the slow update and gives you something interesting to read during this pandemic ;)

Marinette never thought of herself as fickle. At least, not in the world of love. Her heart belonged to one, whether he knew it or not, and she knew she could be faithful in her affections because there was no one else who could capture her attention quite like Adrien.

Enter Chat Noir.

Her lovable, albeit obnoxious and irritating, partner had always been on her side. He was dashing, clever, silly, and- above all else- loyal. He was charming and bold, articulate and smooth. He was handsome, without a doubt, even with his mask on. His teeth were always gleaming white and his eyes sparkled with erratic enthusiasm.

Chat was as wild as an alley cat, that's for sure, and Marinette felt that in another world, she may have given him a chance. But her heart belonged to Adrien. Sweet, thoughtful, genuine Adrien. And there could be no other.

Except...

Chat had somehow wormed his way into her subconscious, whether it be her anticipating patrol with him as Ladybug, or waiting for a surprise visit on her balcony as Marinette. Chat was starting to get a run for his money when it came to her affections, and Marinette wasn't quite sure if she liked it or not.

They had just fought off a particularly unfriendly akuma, and were bumping their fists together in their celebratory manor, when Chat turned to her and gave her a warm smile.

"My Lady," he purred as he bowed at the waist. "Would you care to accompany me on a patrol this evening? I hear the weather is supposed to be purrfectly delightful after dark."

Ladybug almost rolled her eyes, but that stupid little jump of her heart that came when she thought about spending time with him stopped her.

"You know we don't normally patrol after akuma attacks."

There was a beep from his miraculous and he glanced at it momentarily before he shrugged and sidled up next to her. "Yes, I know, but my feline instincts are telling me that tonight would be a wonderful opportunity to pick up some leads on where these akumas are coming from."

Ordinarily, she'd refuse and tell him to go home. On a regular day, she'd refute his subtle advance then leap away and out of sight. But that stupid part of her brain that was beginning to like Chat was begging her to spend a little more time with him outside of fighting vengeful super villains.

"Fine," she relented, smiling at the way he brightened up and beamed at her. "Eight at the Notre Dame. If you're late, I'll leave."

"Of course, my Lady," he said delightfully. "I won't disappoint you."

And he didn't.

Ladybug arrived at 7:55 on the dot, and Chat was already there waiting for her. He was perched upon an outcropping like a gargoyle, looking down at the Seine with a wistful look on his face. He heard her land and he slowly turned to give her a friendly grin, standing as she approached.

"Evening, my Lady."

"Hello, Chat," she greeted just as warmly, ignoring that stupid flutter in her heart. "So are you ready to patrol?"

Chat's eyebrow shot up and he gave her a wry smirk. "My, my someone is impatient tonight."

She frowned and crossed her arms. "You said you wanted to do a patrol. And that's what I'm here for. If you wanted to just hang out and chit chat, you should have said so."