First Kiss

(https://archiveofourown.org/works/15763917/chapters/36666219)

"Do we REALLY have to go over there tonight?" came the nasally whine from a tiny floating black cat. "I know we have our agreed nights where we patrol around the city with Ladybug. Hell, I even agreed to the nights where you want to just get out of the mansion. While I know I tend to complain-"

"'Tend to complain?' Plagg, if there was a university degree for it, you'd have a Doctorate in Grousing, along with a Master's in devouring an unhealthy amount of cheese," Adrien explained, giving the little god a deadpanned look.

"Thanks kid," Plagg preened, while buffing his paw against his puffed out chest.

The young model rolled his bright green eyes in response.

"As I was saying," the creature continued, clearly not done with his speech. "I don't see why you need to stay transformed to visit you gir-"

"Marinette's NOT my girlfriend," the teen defended. "She's just a really great friend."

"Right..." the cat sassed, "she might as well be with how often we've been over there for the past two months."

"She's better at keeping secrets than the others are," the Agreste heir argued.

"Look kid, the point is I'm done. I'm tired of going over to her place with you as Chat Noir, while I'm stuck inside the ring. I want a break. She's a sweet girl, someone you obviously care about, with you making your goo-goo eyes, and all around cozying with her. Either stop visiting her as Chat, tell her who you are, or ask her out so you have an excuse to get all that attention we both know you've been craving, without the suit, disguise, and lies."

Adrien shook his head, "Asking her out for only that reason would be a dick move, even I know that Plagg. I couldn't do that to her, she's too important to me as my friend, besides I don't believe she sees me in that light."

The dark god scoffed at his Chosen's naivety but said nothing, while the model continued making excuses.

"Plus, you know that my father makes it hard enough for me to leave the mansion without a guard, we wouldn't exactly be able to get much if anyalone time. He gives me a hard time when I try to hang out with her and the others outside of school as it is."

"As for stopping our visits to her as Chat, that's just going to raise red flags, making her wonder why I suddenly stopped and she'll probably over think things. You know how she gets."

"Unfortunately," the creature begrudgingly agreed. "So what about just telling her?"

"Do you have ANY idea how dead I would be if I did that? Ladybug would beat the crap outta me-"

"Which you seem to not only have a type but a kink for," snarked the black cat.

"On top of that, it would put Marinette in danger, along with everyone she loves and cares about. She'd never forgive me if anything happened to them. No Plagg, that's not an option."

"Yeah, it is," the magical being mumbled to himself.

"Would it help if I promise to only visit for a couple hours this time around?"

"You said that the last three times we've gone over there. While I've forgiven you because of the extra cheese, I'm tired of being nice," the creature said pokerfaced.

The tiny cat turned his back to the teen, as he floated over to his hiding spot in the dirty laundry hamper, looking for the extremely smelly gym socks again. Adrien wracked his brain for a solution. He truly cared about Plagg and understood where the kwami was coming from. It was very draining on his partner to transform so much, draining on energy, draining on cheese supplies; the lack of sleep wasn't doing any of them any favors either. When he looked over to his nightstand, that's when it hit him, making him pause.