Bittersweet pettings

Kinda cute not gonna lie but I know what you really came here for...

(another update just for your guys' enjoyment)

Marinette/ Chat

Chat Noir leaped over the chimney of the neighboring roof that divided the Dupain-Cheng Patisserie from it's neighbor, landing quietly on the lower wall that wasn't covered in plants of the balcony. The nineteen year old then hopped off it, avoiding all the bric a brac that made up the cozy sitting area, silently as his name sake, only to creep over to the skylight that lead to his classmate's bedroom, he saw a gentle light glow up towards his masked face, his cat eyes that were an acidic green peered into the room. The pink bed was empty, but he saw her, his princess come up into the space from the trapdoor that lead into her bedroom. The hero cat could tell that the noirette had taken a bath, he'd raced over to see how she was fairing, afraid she'd become Akumatized, like most of the class. Over the past two years that they'd known each other, he'd sometimes visited her on the roof, they'd converse about their day or just watch the sun set behind the Eiffel Tower from their perch. Sometimes she'd share some of the bakery's treats with him, or give him some much needed petting. Chat's cat instincts had started to manifest in a need for being petted or having some attention in the past year and half. It had acted up around Marinette on one of those visits, she'd taken in stride, and just did started petting his head, massage his ears both real and fake. Just remembering how her small hands would weave through his blonde strands, to the backs of his faux ears all the way down his neck, caused him to turn into a pile of goo.

Earlier that day as Adrien, he'd witnessed the end of Chloe bullying the poor girl, Marinette normally could stand up for herself and was constantly doing it for the others, but whatever had been in the box she'd brought with her to Francois DuPont that day, had been drenched in nail polish remover, the dumped bottle still in the blonde brat's hand. Sabrina had also held out her phone with a picture that had, turned his friend's normally peachy face ashen, a hand over her mouth, her gorgeous blue eyes swimming with unshed tears, while the blonde and red headed girls laughed at her. The model had walked over to his shy friend to find out what happened, he saw the tears finally roll down her cheeks, a shameful red inch up on her face, as she turned running from her tormentor and the teen boy, to the girls bathroom. When the model had turned to his childhood friend, almost afraid to know, she'd denied having done anything other than "set the peasant straight," as she'd put it. She'd then walked away with her friend/slave in tow, telling him she'd see him later that weekend at the party his father had ordered him to attend, he actually hoped an Akuma would show up, so he'd escape dancing with the girl. When Adrien looked down at the ruined package, he picked it up, deciding to return it to her. He'd found out later she hadn't come out of the girl's lavatory until lunch from Alya, who'd been very worried and had glared daggers at the prissy blonde across from him. The sweet pig-tailed girl never came back after lunch, she'd texted the blogger letting her know that she wasn't feeling well, the model had wanted to offer to take her homework to her and give her back the parcel, but he couldn't because of his fencing and piano lessons after school that day.

Even with all those activities to keep him busy his mind had constantly wandered to his distraught princess. His instructors had voiced their concerns to him, about his absent-mindedness and had requested that he take care not be that way the next time he came back. They promised to not say anything to his father this time as long as it didn't happen again, which he was extremely grateful for. He had been feeling guilty he hadn't been there sooner to stop Chloe and a little somber over the fact that Marinette had not turned to him for help or comfort. Adrien knew that they were friends, maybe not as close as he would've liked since the designer seemed to have a hard time speaking in coherent sentences around him, but he felt that if they spent a little more time together, she'd start talking to him normally. Even though they were in their senior year, she still couldn't seem to articulate properly with him, it was becoming a little frustrating. He wanted her to talk to him, just like on the second day of term when she'd assumed he'd put the gum on her seat, despite the misunderstanding, she'd been able to tell him off without any trouble. On top of that, the only other time she'd displayed any inner confidence towards him was when he was Chat Noir.