Chapter 1

Disclaimer:
Castle and all its characters belong to Andrew Marlowe. this Fanfiction is just a fruit of my imagination. I do not own any of theses characters

Chapter 1

Paperwork was something Kate hadn't thought about when she chose to become a homicide detective. She loved the field duty. The adrenaline rush that she got when she chased after a suspect, the need for answers and leads when she interrogated her suspects, the satisfaction she felt when she locked up the guy responsible for yet another life lost from the city.

She knew that none of these cases had anything to do with the one she started this career of hers, but she knew she'd get there someday. Someday soon she would put that bastard who killed her mom behind bars, but till then bringing justice to the dead would do. But Kate never liked paperwork. She looked over to the desk behind her and Esposito and Ryan seemed to be as bored as her. Her gaze then shifted to the chair beside her desk and a smile involuntarily crept onto her lips. She quickly hit speed dial and waited for him to pick the call.

A dial tone and three rings later came a voice she had come to love and crave, for the last two and a half years. "Detective Castle speaking". The lisp in her two year olds voice was still so evident and so adorably cute that her heart melted with the innocent sound. She replied back into the receiver "Hey sweetie!" and immediately came the excited reply "Mommy!" Kate loved the sound of that word, and she knew it was something she could never get tired of. Her little girl was her pride and joy and there was nothing in the world that could be more musical to her ears then that one simple word from those baby lips "Mommy". Kate smiled and said "what you doing honey, is daddy around?" she then heard something shuffle around some disturbance in the line, and then "Hey there beautiful, missing me already?" Kate rolled her eyes and said "did you just grab the phone from her hand?" He stuttered nervously "uh. No… I didn't. she got distracted".

Kate heard sounds from the background that indicated someone cooing her baby girl "Is that Alexis?" more excitedly now, "Rick is Alexis home?" he sighed in defeat, "Well. Looks like I can't ever keep a surprise can't i?" "Great, Alexis is home and I still got a ton of paperwork to complete and hearing Joanne's voice just now doesn't help a bit" she let out, exasperated. She predicted what he would say next "what, and Daddy castles voice doesn't get credit for tempting you to leave?" she smirked and replied "Well it depends, how do you intend to use that voice for me when I get home?" her voice dripping with flirty goodness. He knew what she wanted to hear and so he gave her exactly that "oh… well looks like you'll have to just wait and see, but I can give you a hint…" she waited, urging him to continue and he did, "my voice has a history of leaving you begging for more". The blush that crept onto her smiling face was against her own will. And she just hoped that the other officers and detectives in the precinct were too occupied with their own work to notice.

"I'll be home in a while ok, want me to get dinner?" he all but smiled knowingly when she avoided continuing their flirting and broached a subject that wouldn't involve sexual innuendos but he went along with it "no, don't worry about dinner, I got it covered, you just get yourself back home to 'Casa Castle' and let me take care of the rest". Kate loved it when he said thing like that, it only made her heart grow fonder for this man she now proudly called her husband.
"I'll be there as soon as possible, I love you." And immediately came his reply "I love you more". Kate put her phone down and looked up at her computer screen, 6.30. She sighed heavily in frustration and continued her paperwork, in a hope to be out of here by 7.

Back at the loft, things seemed much more alive. As soon as castle put his phone back into the holder came the voice of his eldest. "What did she say, when is she coming home?" Castle looked at her and said, "How can you be so sure it was Kate?" She rolled her eyes at him, something he guessed she picked up from Kate not long after he asked her to move in with them two years ago. He just hoped his youngest wouldn't pick that up too, he couldn't take all the women in his life rolling their eyes at him at every moment he said something they thought was silly. "oh please dad, all I have to do is look at your face while you're talking to her," she chuckled, " you're like a love sick puppy." Rick thought for a moment and then said, "hmm... maybe I am" she hit him playfully on the shoulder and said "Dad! When is she coming home?" "Relax, she's just got some paperwork to finish, I told her your home, she'll be here before you know it, she can't wait to see you either." Just then Rick noticed movement at the corner of his eye and spotted his little rascal with a marker pen poised in her cute little hand pointed at the wall she was standing next to "no! no! no! noooo..."