Chapter 5

Chapter 5

She closed her eyes in disbelief! Castle had gone to such extents. Her rage was uncontrollable!

She strode to his desk and threw all of his stuff off the table, groaning in frustration. She then took his empty glass of scotch and threw it at the opposite wall, watching the glass shattering to pieces!

Cause that's exactly what her heart felt like right now.

Broken, shattered into numerous pieces. Her husband had just accused her of still having feelings for her ex, who was here in her living room, helping them find the son of a bitch who had taken their daughter.

And he was accusing the very same ex, the FBI agent of being the guy behind the kidnapping! She knew he must be hallucinating! He was going crazy and he was hurting her in the process!

Her legs were getting weak again, so when Will rushed into the study after hearing the sound of the glass breaking and came to hold her, she let herself fall in his embrace. She was numb. She was scared, alone and worried, and nothing could make her feel ok right now.

Castle walked out on her, leaving her all alone here to drown in her sorrow. She couldn't breathe anymore.

When Kate opened her eyes, she wanted to close them again, her head ached, her body felt lifeless. She was here lying in their bed. She must have passed out after Castle left, she looked to the clock on their bedside table, it was 3pm in the afternoon.

She sat up, and looked around her; there was a glass of water kept aside for her. She sipped at it and then stood to go wash her face in the sink. When she entered the living room this time, Alexis and Martha were back home.

They both looked to her and beckoned her to join them on the couch. As she walked over to her she looked around to see if Castle had returned. But he was nowhere in sight. She sat herself down, and then Martha began to speak, "Darling, Kate, what happened? Will here, told us you had a fight with Richard and then he left, and you passed out soon after. Is everything alright?"

and then Alexis chimed in, "What did he say Kate, where did he go?"

Kate spotted Will listening in on the conversation; he too wanted to know what the arguing was all about. But Kate suddenly felt a pang of guilt.

She drove Castle out. She had yelled at him without giving him a chance to explain himself. Even though she knew whatever he would say to explain himself would be utter nonsense cause she trusted Will enough to know he would never do something like that.

But the least she could have done was hear castle out. After all he was her husband; he was going through as much torment as she was.

But still, he had no right to accuse Will of trying to make a move on her. That was totally out of line. She was pulled out of her reverie when she heard Will's voice, "will he be back in time to go get Joanne back, to make the exchange?"

and Kate suddenly didn't want to tell them about their argument earlier. She knew that if she relived it in her mind, she would break down again, right now, her angel was missing, away from home, and her Husband had claimed he was going to get her back, but she had a bad feeling he was going to do something reckless.

She simply looked up at them and said "he said he'll be back soon, he just needed some fresh air."

Martha realized Kate was avoiding talking about it, but she didn't push. Instead she just reached out for Kate's hand and gave her a squeeze and whispered "it'll be alright kiddo, don't worry"

and all Kate could think of saying at that moment was "I wish it were that easy Martha, We really screwed up this time around. Both of us." the stress that both of them were going through had caused both of them to say such hurtful things to each other.

But she didn't want to tell anyone about it just yet, she wanted to fix this as soon as Castle got home. So she silently nodded her head at Martha.

Martha stood up and said, "Kate, why don't you get some food into your stomach, you've not eaten anything since… well since all of this started" Kate began to shake her head, but Martha didn't look like she was going to take no for an answer.

She brought Kate some snacks from the kitchen and said "I'm not going to let you starve, you already passed out once. Joanne needs you to be awake when she returns home" At the thought of holding her baby again, Kate agreed to eat something. Cause right now, all she wanted was to be awake when her baby came back home.

It was 6 pm now, and Kate was getting so worried about Castle, he wasn't home yet, he was not returning any of her calls.

She had left him so many voice mails and messages but he hadn't replied to any of them, and it was all too scary for her. She had even called up Esposito and Ryan to check if they knew where he was, but they had no clue either.

Finally, Alexis came up to her and told her that he sent a message to her phone saying "Tell Kate not to worry about me, I'll be home soon. See that she eats something. Love you"

The caring husband that he was… he was angry with her, yet cared enough to ensure that she had food in her stomach, why couldn't he understand she had the same cares for him.

Kate was still not sure whether she was angry with him or not, he was being totally irrational, but then again, he had a wild imagination. She knew he must have had some wild theory to explain himself but she didn't give him a chance.

Another hour flew by, waiting for him to come home. Alexis and Martha were now in the living room and she was here, sitting at the edge of their bed, trying to think of a way to apologize to him and get him to think straight too. Their child was in danger, and at this moment, they need to be here for each other, not yelling and arguing and walking out on the other.

They were supposed to be able to trust each other. Her train of thought was interrupted by a figure at the door. She looked up to find will staring at her. She wiped a tear that had managed to roll down her cheek and said "hey"

he entered and sat down beside her. "hey you"

they sat in silence for a while until he spoke up again, "it's not your fault you know, he walked out of here angry, he left you all by yourself when he's supposed to be the one comforting you."

Kate didn't respond. And then she felt Wills hand on her thigh, not too high but high enough to make her feel a little uncomfortable, but she pushed the thought away, Will was just trying to comfort her, something Castle didn't wait around to do.

As soon as the thought made its way into her head, she mentally slapped herself. No! She would not let herself go there.

She looked at him and nodded with a small smile. He lightly squeezed her jean clad thigh and said "He clearly doesn't care for you the same way I thought he did years ago. He wouldn't have left you here alone all to yourself if that was the case."

She couldn't take it anymore. She finally spoke up, sternly, with a challenging look in her eye "What are you implying Will?"

he stood up and walked a few steps to the door and said, "Kate, I know you're not stupid, look around you and you'll know who are the people who really love you."

Kate couldn't hold her anger in now. She stood up and yelled "Castle was right about you..."

Before she had time to continue she heard the front door open, and many voices filled the room. They both walked briskly into the living room, curious to know what was going on. And that's when she saw her.

Joanne, her baby girl, in the arms of her father, her Castle.

Castle had brought her home. He kept his promise. She ran to them "Oh my god, You're home!" she was not sure if the relief that was so clear in her voice was just for seeing her daughter, or for seeing her husband back home too, but she didn't care.

She took her from Castle's arms and caressed her close to her heart, whispering sweet nothings and assurances into her baby's ears. Her love, her darling Joanne was home, safe, in her arms.

Joanne clung on tight to her mommy. She was scared and Kate could feel the fear in her just by the way she was holding on to her. Tears of joy that ran down her cheeks as she said to her baby "Jo, baby, you're okay, mommy's here now, I love you! God I love you so much!"