Chapter 1: The Letter

Dear Sophie Elizabeth Ruewen,

It has come to our attention that you are eligible to enter Prince Fitzroy's selection. If you are wishing to have  a chance to enter please fill out the application and send it to the royal palace. We will be announcing the girls who are entering on September 3rd. Thank you for your time,

-The Royal Family

"MOM! MOM where are you? Come see! I got the letter!" I yelled excitedly after I read through it. Looking around my kitchen, Mom was nowhere to be seen. I didn't even heard a muffled response to my yelling. Huh, she must be outside. So I grab a pair of my sandals and rush out to look for her.

I see Dad working with one of our many animals and yell out to him to see if he knew where Mom was.
"No sweetie I haven't, maybe check the verminion's pen?" He responds barely looking up from the animal he was tending. I nod and start heading towards there.

While walking I think of how much I love the farm I grew up in, my family might not be the wealthiest people in the caste system, but we're really lucky to have as much land as we do considering we're only fives. Why we even have the caste system in place baffles me. From what most of the Councillors report, it's to help protect us from the Neverseen, a group of evildoers trying to take over the Lost Cities, but I don't really believe that's the whole truth.

Eventually I make it to the edge of the pen and see Mom trying to calm her I stay quiet, as it's going through a bit of a rampage, as we're trying to make her vegan, though it hasn't been working well so far. We always have to get all of the dead animals out of her mouth though a few weeks ago we saved Iggy, my little imp from her.
Mom manages to get the verminion back in the pen, and looks at me quizzically. They usually try to get me to help with as little as possible on the farm due to my major number of injuries in the past. At least going to see the Healer is free along with any medicine we get prescribed. The Lost Cities is much like Canada in that matter, we all pay taxes and all of it goes to making our community better.

"Mom! Look what came in today," I shouted excitedly at her! As she asks closer I reach out to give it to her to read.
"What is it?" She asks confused, as we barely ever get mail, unless it's from cousin Dex and his family.
"That's super exciting Honey! Are you going to apply?" She asks me calmly. I nod yes, as it's a once in a lifetime chance for me.
"Could you please help me though?" I ask. Mom replies with an "Of course, and we head inside.
After half an hour we finally finish writing and give it one last look through.

Name: Sophie Elizabeth Ruewen

Age: 18

Abilities: Telepath, Inflictor, Teleporter,Enhancer and Polyglot

Medical Concerns: Limbium Allergy

Thank you For Your Time,

-Sophie Elizabeth Ruewen

Happy with it, I walk down to the mail station and hand it in, wishing for the best to come.