Chapter 11: The Five

Rose and I have gotten really close since the rebel attack. I seem to be able to calm her down whenever she's mad or angry, or even upset. Biana also seems to like her. It is lunch right now, Biana, Rose and I are all talking. It's now the beginning of November, no one has been eliminated since the attack. "Sorry for interrupting your conversations everyone but at the end the week the top 5 will be chosen, just after Christmas the top 3 will be chosen and on New Year's Prince Fitzroy will announce his bride. You all may continue your conversations now". This got all the girls super excited at the bride choosing. Except for me, it just made me nervous. I have been writing to my friends a lot lately, especially Linh. She seems very happy, she meet a three named Wylie, and they are engaged. I am invited to their wedding, it is to be next fall, a year from the day they met. It's super cute.

The week seemed to go by fast, what's really weird though, is I'm finding way harder to focus when I'm not in telepathy. Before I know it they are announcing who is in the top five, unfortunately Stina, a girl named Brooke, Chelsea, Joanne and Sophie..." BANG". All I see are Neverseen rushing in. I see Rose who is trying her best to fight off two Neverseen. I help her get rid of them. Then everything goes black.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

My eyes slowly open, everything is blurry, my head is foggy. All I remember is that they took Rose and I, and we need to escape. I suddenly start transmitting for help. Fitz, Rose and I need help. You are dead, I went to your funeral. We will be soon if no one helps us. I then drift back into sleep.

I then wake up with my head throbbing. I see a man in front of me. "Sophie, I am here to help, I got you out of their base, but it is up to you to make it back, if this doesn't work I will head back there in a couple days". He said. I suddenly fell back asleep.

When I woke up I saw that Rose and I were in an alley way. When she is fully up we start wandering around. I saw a man and asked for help. Rose noticed I wasn't speaking English or the enlightened language. We used this to figure out we were in France. We are apparently in Paris, as we seethe Eiffel Tower in front of us, that's when I realize I have a note in my pocket. It reads something about lampposts. All of them seem the same, until we come across one that seems to have a leaping crystal on it. I ask Rose if it is. "Yes it is, this is how we get in and out of the forbidden cities". I turn around and see one of the goons that attacked us at the castle. "don't you dare try light leaping away, we have a gun and aren't afraid to use it". Rose then screamed "duck" and the gun exploded. She was badly injured so I focused most of my energy on her and light leaped away.

I transmitted to Fitz where we were, and asked him to send people to get us. When I suddenly realized I lost to much of myself in the leap. Sorry Rose, I tried my best, I hope you are okay. when I suddenly let go.