Chapter 8: Friends

So, since a lot of people have asked me to republish the rest of the story, here it is. Warning from this point on, its not edited yet. Also I originally wrote this story a long time ago, so sorry for any grammatical errors and inconsistencies. For a little while it stays in a third person POV, the switches back to Sophie. Thanks!
It was just a week after Linh left, and Sophie's first lesson with Fitz. He seemed to be getting more relaxed around her.Tiergan had her try teaching some skills to Fitz, such telepathically to animals. He wasn't doing too bad, but certainly not as good as Sophie. She was getting more comfortable around him, it was almost like something clicked inside her.

Anyways, it was breakfast time and Biana and Sophie were talking when the King got up to make an announcement. Everyone quieted. "As you know there is only 15 girls left in the Selection. We think its best for everyone to meet some of your friends. Each of you are able to invite 2 people for some events next Saturday, tell them to dress nice, so we can meet them. Have a good Day". The King sat back down and the servants brought the food in. You could easily tell that all the girls were talking about this event. Sophie had already decided who she was bringing. The day continued without a hitch, till telepathy that is.

Tiergan was late, and he is never late. It was weird, especially when the King himself went to the telepathy room. He then told Fitz and Sophie "Tiergan can't make it for the rest of this week, he had a family emergency. So this week I will be your telepathy mentor." Sophie was certainly worried about her mentor, so she tried asking the king what was wrong.  He kept brushing it off though. Alden taught them about cognates, which was quite cool, as Sophie never learned about them before.

The rest of the week flew by, and before everyone knew it was the weekend. Sophie was super excited, she gets to see some friends who she hasn't seen in weeks. She originally asked Keefe to come, but his parents wouldn't let him. She also asked Dex, who was able to come, and sweet Bex, who would be super excited to even see the palace. Bex was wearing her best dress, which had pink and purple swirls, and tons of glitter. Dex was wearing his best shirt and pants. Sophie soon learned all the girls would meet Queen Della and Biana first, while the males meet King Alden and Fitz first. Biana loved Bex, she had lots of fun dressing her up and doing her hair and makeup. Bex was just super excited to even meet the princess. Before long Alden and Fitz came into the women's room to meet everyone.

Fitz talked to all the other guests and then came to Sophie and Bex. Bex just adored Fitz, and was amazed by his telekinesis skills. Sophie never told Bex she was a telepath and was just laughing at Bex who was wide mouth. Fitz then said jokingly "what you think you can do better than this?" "Yup" and Sophie then proceeded to levitate herself, Fitz and Bex into the air. "Alright you win this time, but watch out next time will be even better". Sophie then gently put everyone down as the Alden announced that everyone should get a tour of the castle, and told the girls "your maids will know where your guest's rooms are".  Everyone started trickling out into the hall where they meet Dex. Dex was talking to Biana, he looked a bit surprized that the princess was talking to him when he saw Sophie. The four of them learned where Bex and Dex's rooms were and headed there. They also showed where the kitchen, dining room and the gardens.

Bex absolutely loved the gardens, and Dex and.Biana trailed off into a different area. Eventually Sophie brought Bex in for lunch. Fitz sat beside Bex, and she looked like she was having the time of her life. Alden then announced there would be a ball that night, and everyone got super excited. Time flew by and before she knew it Bex, Biana and Sophie were getting ready for the ball. Luckily for Bex younger kids were allowed to come. Sophie ended up wearing a floor length dress, that was cherry red. Bex was wearing a shorter blue dress. And Biana was wearing a beautiful purple gown.

Almost the whole time Sophie wasn't dancing, Bex was trying to get her to dance with Fitz. Biana was dancing with Dex almost the whole time. At the last set Fitz asked her to dance. It was a slower waltz, Sophie was having tons of fun until it came to an end, and she had to try to put Bex to bed, Dex was nowhere to be seen. And Bex only went to bed when Sophie let her sleep in her room.