Chapter 25: What Happened

Sophie POV

I woke up in the healing room, I feel shocks of pain throughout my body. I last remember the proposal, how sweet Fitz was. But I was shot, what happened? How did I end up here? I heard the sudden rush of someone entering the room. It just so happened to be Fitz! He did look a little rough, like he hasn't slept, or eaten. He seemed so relieved to see me awake.

"Sophie?"

"Yes Fitz?"

"You don't know how relieved I am to hear you say that!" I laughed, it felt so right to be around him.

"Do you remember what happened yesterday?" He asked.

"Only until the part when I was shot" I replied.

"Well I guess I should tell you what happened, may I transmit it to you?"

"Of course" I felt the sudden rush of thoughts into my mind.

"Miss Sophie Ruewen, will you give me the honours of becoming my wife?" I saw/ heard myself scream yes. I then heard the gunshot, saw the look of shock on my face and saw myself fall. I felt Fitz's rush of heartache of what happened, and his anger. He then turned, I could barely believe what I saw. Keefe holding a gun with a look of being upset of what he had to do. Fitz's anger skyrocketed. A whole lot of Neverseen entered the room. The guards were able to capture many, but a few escaped. A couple had to be killed. Fitz stayed by my side the entire time. He noticed Keefe was one of the people captured. Elwin rushed over to Fitz's side as soon as the Neverseen was dealt with. They carried me here, I saw a crying Lex and Bex. It seems as though everyone thought I was dead. Elwin forced me to drink a whole lot of tonics, then started to apply something to the bullet wound. I probably don't want to know what. Many people came to visit me, all my selection friends, Biana, Dex, Mom and Dad, Alden and Della, and the Dizznee siblings. I then saw Elwin rushing Fitz out to get some rest, and then him returning to see me awake.

I looked into Fitz's eyes, I don't believe how much he went through. Making a new friend who betrays him right away, almost losing someone he loves. Having to stand to the side, while everybody else fought.

"Fitz, I do have one question, why did Keefe betray us? I mean it doesn't seem like him..."
"Soph, I have no idea, and I highly doubt we will ever fully understand anyone's motives. But do remember everyone changes, and you haven't seen him for months." He replied.

I then noticed that Elwin had entered the room, and he started checking on me. It seems as though I was going to be forced into being bedridden for the next few days. After being carried to my room I was ambushed by a whole lot of people. Mom and Dad, then Alden, Della and Biana. Then finally the Dizznee siblings. Bex started crying out of happiness, with Dex trying to soothe her. Lex and Rex gave me each a big hug.

"Sophie! Guess what!" Lex basically screamed.

"I'm an Inflictor!" He basically had the biggest smile ever.

"Congratulations Lex! I knew it would happen soon."

The siblings and I talked for a while, until Dex decided it was time to give me some rest. Fitz stayed with me, I eventually fell asleep snuggling into his strong arms.