Chapter Zero

The arrow whirled closer and closer to the princes chest. A maid  sprinted in front of him. Her hand extended. People gasped as they noticed her. Her fingers wrapped around the wood, top pointing at her neck. She then turned around and threw it back at the person with the bow. It hit them in the leg so they couldn't run away. Her hair settled back on her neck as her eyes closed. Breathing slowly. She then speed walked toward the culprit. People parted so she could see him. She then held his wrists together and grabbed the rope tying the make so belt around her waist to tie his hands together. Then she dragged his half limp body to the royals to see who it was. While he sat in front of them tied up, she grabbed the silky ribbon belt and wrapped it around the wound so it didn't infect.

"Maid stand!" The king yelled. So she did. Her eyes full of emotion. The amber staring into his eyes before she bowed. Lance, the prince she saved, stood up.
"Thank you for saving my son." He stated, almost crying.
"And you, foul peasant! Guards take him to the dungeons!" So they did. Lance then walked over to the girl. He embraced her in a hug. She stiffened. The royals weren't supposed to hug maids like herself. For she was not of good enough status.

"What is your price? You must have one for saving the royal as important as he is." She smiled softly at the king before opening her mouth.
"Sir, I have no price, I call it my duty to protect the royals as well as serve them, my family has done this for many years." He widened his eyes. Then he talked to his wife.

"Very well then, we thank you, but you are now appointed as Prince Lance Lewis McClain's personal maid and his bodyguard. Plus you get to enjoy tonight,"
She looked up at the king in surprise as did many others.

"Let's hear it for, oh my bad sorry, what might your name be?" He asked, shamed he hadn't asked before.
"It isn't a problem sire, I am Katelyn Louise Holt, but please call me Pidge," her voice ring out like a soft bell. Making the royals smile more than they should be able to.
"Let's hear it for Pidge!" Everyone cheered as she was taken by a guard to change.

She was escorted to a room where a light pale green dress lay on the bed, it had a cage next to it and a brush on the other side of it. The guard smiled at her nicely.
"I am Takashi, I know your brother Katie, he is one heck of a guard. Please change and I will escort you back." He then closed the door.

Katie changed and brushed her hair. The corset was tighter than it should have been and she hid a few of her weapons in her cage of the skirt. Two baby yet sharp knives, a spade that doubled as a grappling hook and was of her own creation. Then she quickly placed her hair neatly down and walked outside in heels. They were foreign to her but she still managed to walk in them.

When they entered the room, every single person stared at her.
Takashi smiled as he lead her down the stairs.

"Introducing Katie Holt," she walked down the stairs quickly, her face burning red on her cheeks. Trying not to have too much attention on her. A guard with a mop of midnight hair and galactic eyes, stood waiting for her at the bottom. He nodded at Takashi and held his hand out for Katie to take. She took it gratefully.  He then lead her to a table filled by three people. They were guards body guards.
"I am Hunk Garret, Head chef and body guard of Princess Rose," the larger one in a yellow suit said.
"I am Coran Princess Alura's body guard and Advisor of the King." The one with orange hair and moustache said.
"You already know me, Takashi Shirogane, Head of the Royal Guards and bodyguard of the young twins." She had heard his name before, Matts best friend.
"Keith Kogane, Co-head of the Guards, Bodyguard of the King and Queen." He introduces himself. Katie smiled and waved at them.
"Pidge, Matthew Holts little sister, Maid and as you have most likely heard Lances Bodyguard." She said. Everyone on the table smiled at her. Then their mouths let out chuckles as a person snook up behind her. When he went to tickle her she grabbed his hands and smirked.
"I wouldn't recommend that your highness." His eyes widened.
"Nobody has ever been able to see me coming up behind them." She smirked.
"Then call me the first Prince Lance." He chuckled himself, picking her up by the waist and spinning her around.
"Can I have this dance?" He asked she nodded quietly as he spun her to the middle before setting her down softly. The waltz began when the first note played. Pidge had never really danced before. But Lance seemed to be the perfect Dance partner. He wasn't stiff.
"So you have a brother, who is a guard?" He asked, starting small talk to ease her mind.
"Indeed, he is one of the greatest people on earth." Lance let out a hearty laugh at her statement.
"How about parents?" She almost froze, before uttering the words.
"Galra." He froze and the whole floor did.
"Pardon?" A man close by asked.
"My parents, snatched by the galra when I was a toddler, I saw them in the news, Coleen and Samuel Holt? You know, the personal maid and guard of the King and Queen. I was raised by Matt," Lance pulled her into a hug. Tears forming in his eyes.
"You poor girl, not having a mother or father, is unimaginable to be." After a minute she pushed away from the hug.
"I have gotten used to it. I'll be fine. You don't have to worry about it," she said. Then she ran back to the table of guards. The music began once more. Hunk looked sympathetically at her. The others tried to ignore their feelings.

Soon after the ball had concluded. Tomorrow Pidge would accompany Lance and protect him as they made their way to the galran Kingdom. To make a treaty...