Chapter Four.

Katie had nothing to do, all her chores were done and the other maids sent her to her room to 'relax'. Instead she scheduled stuff to do:
1) wake up and Get more chores.
2) do the chores
3) once sent to bed cry for a few minutes.
4) clean yourself up from crying.
5) go check if anymore chores need to be done.
6) don't socialise at all other than for chores or being engaged.
7) cry some more at night.
8) get 2 hour sleep.
9cry clean self up.
10) Do chores for other maids while they sleep.
11) act it off as it you were asleep

So she did.
She laid down on her bed, she already had done the chores list.
So her put her face in the pillow, and screamed into it, letting her eyes go puffy and red as tears leaked from her eyes. Her emission hitting the pillow, her screams muffled as she laid fully, before she knew it she was out of tears, so she got up and walked to the bathroom, cleaning herself up. Washing her face body and hair in the shower and getting changed jnto a cleaner uniform.

She had no chores and all the other ladies just ushered her back to her room. So she slept. When she awoke the King and Queen were in her room, Bodyguards img the corner of the room staring at her. Lance in the other corner with his manservant (butler) and sister Alura. They just stared at her. She touched her cheeks and she had tears stains.
"Katie, are you alright love?" The king asked, he seemed really concerned. She looked at him and shook her head. Screw the schedule, she showed them it. Hands in her eyes. She couldn't take the anger and sadness she felt.
"Katie, what happened? Why have you scheduled when you cry or trying to get more chores?" Alfor Asked, he was really concerned. She just kept looking amongst the people in her room her eyes landing on Lance. The king hadn't known of Lances switch,
"I- I'm not g-g-good enough to be two things. I-I-I got switched out for an-another." Alfor nodded glaring at his son as he put his hands up.
" So you're trying to starve yourself and overwork yourself to either prove your better or to die?" The Queen asked scared of the answer. Katie nodded. Lance saw it now as a mistake to downgrade her. Especially with someone who couldn't do his job as well as her. He felt really bad for making her see herself as useless. Because she was so much more than anyone he knew. Now look what it led too.

Both of his parents in her room, making sure she didn't kill herself or overwork herself, both now glaring at him and probably thinking of ways to make her better and him suffer. Although, Katie was over working herself before.
"Katie," he spoke softly, she just looked at him.
"Did I make you scream and cry in your sleep, so much that the bodyguards of my family over there walked past and alerted me and my parents?" He asked. He wanted the answer to be no but she nodded. He sighed. Takashi looked at her, wondering why she had been downgraded to a normal maid. She then grabbed something from under her bed alerting Keith. He though she was gonna draw a weapon so he jumped next to her and grabbed her wrist that was killing something out. She stopped looking him in the eye.
"Let my wrist go." She said sternly. He shook his head.
"Let my wrist go!" She flung him off and grabbed the object. It was a box, a thin box that was metal and grey, it split into two things. One with letters written on and the other a reflective screen. She then rapidly typed something down.
"I finished my masterpieces, that's why I was out of it for a few days Lance. No other reason," she said. She showed him the laptop, it showed locations and stored info he didn't even know existed,
"You aren't a castle maid Katie." The king said. She took that as she was fired for a few reasons, she got up to pack her stuff when the king stopped her,
"Your more than that, Lance eat over here." He did as told standing opposite Pidge and facing his father.
"What does she mean to you?" He blushed really dark red, his cheeks making him look like a beetroot. He stuttered,
"Well- erm- you see, I kinda, oh jeez, well kinda," he stuttered our, "in love with you." He whispered so hardly anyone could here.
"Pardon Lance?" His mother asked. He huffed.
"Fine, I'm in love with Katelyn Louise Holt, in love with her personality, her uniqueness, her smile, her eyes, her intelligence and most of all her determination and ability to do what she wants to do." He blurted out. Then became even redder if possible. He sat down.
"I down graded you because I was worried about you. I didn't want you to over work yourself over my Well-being. Especially since you are the youngest of all bodyguards. He stated, making his mother hold a hand to her heart and smile. Most people did. But she was just completely awe stuck.
"I know we aren't exactly on the best of terms, but I still really like you, will you become my girlfriend?" He asked rubbing the back of his head. She responded with a kiss, making the King smile and hold his wife lovingly.

Two years later...

Katie placed a blue silk dress on, the baby blue corset tight and the cage of the dress fitted and light. Her waist was already skinny enough they just made sure it was tight enough to hold everything in place. Dark blue dress slipped over and the light blue corset looked gorgeous with it. The bottom of the dress it began to fade into a green. She placed on soft cushioned green shoes, decorated with a little pink shell on the edge. On her dress around her waist was a teal belt with a pink shell on once more. The theme of her dress was, Ocean. And she was happy about it.

"Now announcing Katelyn Louise Holt!" The announcer yelled at the top of his lungs. Many people looked as she walked down the steps. Lance stood at the bottom, his dark green suit with a vine belt and the suit trousers fading into blue. He wore a dark blue mask and Katie wore a light green one. Her hair was wavy on her shoulders, her bangs pulled out of the way.

When she managed to reach the bottom Lance grabbed her hand, she had been upgraded to Princes girlfriend, and if needed bodyguard. She had her own maid now, who she treated nicely, giving her a break every now and then. She didn't want to over work them.

She was pulled into a dance, Lances hand wrapped around her waist, his other intertwined in hers. Hers lay softly on his shoulder. Smiling as the music played in the background. Halfway through he picked her up by her waist and spun her slightly. Then placed back down and continued to dance. Forward, back left right back twirl and pick up and hold.

Soon the song ended and she saw something she didn't want to. A man with a dark black and slightly white sword ran up to her and Lance swinging his sword like a maniac. Lance went to protect her but ended up getting pulled away from the guy as she took the hit. Her left shoulder felt a pain as blood trickled down it. A large slice marking her. The guy looked at her in the eyes apologetically and pulled it out.
"Honourable truest, to say he's the man of the couple." She glared at the guy as she held her shoulder. Keith pounded on him from behind and he was tackled and cuffed. Alura came with some bandages and patched her up.

"Katie I'm sorry I couldn't save you." She looked st him and smiled.
"No problem, I am your protector it's my job to take he hits." He shook his head.
"But you are also my girlfriend. Tonight was the night. And he ruined it." Katie pondered in what 'tonight' would have been.
"Oh what the heck." He says. She turned to look at him fully and he was on one knee, pulling out a box of red.
He grabbed her hand.

"Katie, I have been in love with you for a while now, you have been a pleasure to talk too. And I am so glad you are my girlfriend. But I want to be more than that. I want you to be more than that. Please say you'll be my Princess, Katelyn Louise Holt. Will you marry me?" He popped the question. Everyone greeted and some even said finally.

She just stared at him in pure shock. Once she finally snapped out of it she knelt down to his position.
"Was there any doubt about it?" He looked into her eyes that always seemed to have a glow to it.
"Yes!" He opened the box and showed the ring. It was a beautiful ring that had a diamond that reflected the ocean that was held on my metal vines.
"Of course yes!" He grabbed her left hand and placed it on her rings finger. Kissing her hand.
"Princessa, my Princessa." He whispered as he went in for a kiss.

Yay, Lance wasn't a d*ck this chapter, yay!