Birthday

**heavily edited**

It had been about a month since he was admitted to the hospital, though, it seemed longer.

The medication they put him on seemed to be working better than the previous one. It didn't completely get rid of all the symptoms, but it helped to keep him stable. He would still hear the voices, but definitely not as frequent. He was sleeping better at night. However, not as good as he would've liked. 

Visitors were still prohibited, but he was able to make phone calls every now and then. The doctors still believed that he wasn't stable, due to the violent outbursts and panic attacks.

William was sleeping, in the surprisingly comfortable, bed. It wasn't like those terrible hospital beds, it was like an actual mattress. The bed was situated in the middle of the room. There was a desk in front of one of the big windows in front of the bed, but they weren't touching.

There was seats in the left corner of the room where the windows made up the corner. There were no curtains, but there was shades that covered the window horizontally, but came down vertically. He never used them though. And of course, there was a bathroom and a closet, which they gave him extra pairs of the plain, white, pajama-like clothing.

The walls were a light brown color, almost beige. The floors looked wooden, but they were made out of that weird material they used to mimic wood. There were some pictures on the wall. There used to be vases, but they were since removed.

There was a quiet knock on the door, which William didn't hear. The nurse called Stacy entered the room, since she was William's main nurse. She saw that he was sleeping, and smiled. She didn't want to wake him because he is usually irritable in the mornings.

"Good Morning!" She said cheerily, she was in a good mood, as usual. She saw him move, and decided to wait a couple minutes to see what he was going to do.

"What time is it?" He said kind of loudly, due to him stretching. He turned to look at her, and she smiled sadly. He looked like he wasn't feeling well.

"Ten. How are you feeling today?"

"Not well." He said shortly. It was self explanatory, he probably caught a cold. Which meant the room would have to be cleaned again. She figured that it was from his trip outside of the room since he hadn't been exposed to other people.

"Are you ready to eat yet?" She asked. He replied with an annoyed groan. She knew that he didn't care for the hospital food, but other food was prohibited at the moment.

"I brought you something." She left the room, but returned with a plastic bag. Whatever was in them smelled good. He crinkled his nose, not wanting to eat. She smiled at him as he stretched a second time, this time standing up. 

"I'll order you something to drink, what do you want?"

"Water." He mumbled quietly. She exited the room, knowing they had bottles of water in the staff room. She came back, seeing that he was looking out of the window.

"Wouldn't it be so nice to be out there?" William said to her, she smiled in a response. She knew it must be terrible being locked up in a room for so long. It had been a month since he had last seen anyone.

"Here, come eat, I don't want you to eat cold waffles!" She patted the chair for him to come sit down, he obeyed and sat down. He looked at her and she knew exactly way.

"Everything's fresh, and organic. I made them last night, you know I wouldn't put anything in them to hurt you!" She smiled at him, and gestures for him to try them.

He looked at them suspiciously, cutting off a piece. He chewed it cautiously, not being used to real food. He didn't cut off another piece, but just sat and stared out the window.