Heat

**lightly edited**

It was going on noon time. Mostly everybody was awake, except for Elizabeth. For some reason, she decided that she wanted to stay up really  late. She stayed up until three in the morning, most likely playing with her dolls, or playing on her iPad.  She missed breakfast, and by now, was about to miss lunch.

"Do you know where Elizabeth is?" William asked, not to anyone in particular, but to whoever was listening. Michael walked over to grab one of the sandwiches that were done being made.

"As far as I know, she is still sleeping." Michael answered, which made William sigh. He really didn't understand why she stayed up so late. She was lucky it was the summer

"Do you want to go wake her up? I'm busy, making these stupid sandwiches." He mumbled the last part under his breath, because he hated sandwiches. He had no particular reason why. Lea usually made sandwiches, because she didn't mind, but she had to take an emergency trip with her mom to see her aunt, who was in the hospital.

Michael put his plate down on the counter, and went up the stairs to get his sleeping sister up. he walked into her room, and opened the curtains, which made her move a little.

"Get up you, idiot!" Michael yelled at his sister, which wasn't very nice.d. If his father heard that, he might get a punishment..

"Ten more minutes." Elizabeth whined, as if she hasn't slept in until noon. Michael crossed his arms at the statement.

"It's noon time, Liz." She almost fell off of the bed in shock. She scrambled to grab some clothes that looked decent and pointed at the door, signaling for Michael to get out. He walked downstairs to eat his sandwich, which was gone, and Chris was eating.

"Hey! That's my sandwich!" Michael accused, which caused Chris to look at him confused.

"Dad said that I could have it." Michael turned to his father, who was leaning against the counter, drinking tea, not surprisingly.

"Why did you give him my sandwich?"

"I didn't. I told him it was okay for him to eat it, does it have your name on it?" Michael sighed, and took the slightly newer sandwich that was on the counter.

"Are you going to eat, Father?" Michael asked his father, who shook his head in reply.

"I ordered something, so maybe."

"Did you make Lizzie a sandwich?" Chris joined the conversation, asking about his sister, who still hasn't come downstairs.

"No. She didn't come down in time, so if she wants to eat something she can make it herself." William shrugged, this being kind of a punishment for sleeping in so late. He also knew how much she hated doing things for herself.

"Isn't that kind of mean?" Chris whined, things like that made him upset, even though he had nothing to do with it.

"It's not mean if you don't think it is. If anything, it's fair, she should've listened when I told her to go to bed." Michael chuckled, knowing very well how many times that his father told her to go to bed. Eventually he just gave up, and told her that there would be consequences. Which she ignored, being to absorbed into whatever she was doing on her iPad, that is, until William unplugged the internet.

Footsteps could be heard stomping down the stairs.

"Good morning, sunshine." William said sarcastically, and Elizabeth stomped into kitchen, which was very rare for her usually cheerful self. Elizabeth just scowled at her father, which made him smile back, just to annoy her.