Zoo

It was mid February, which happened to be one of the coldest months. Valentine's day had past, which meant that all over stores were sales on candy. With all of these sales meant that Elizabeth was going to be causing more trouble to get some, and if she wasn't throwing a fit, she was acting abnormally sweet.

Currently, it was snowing outside, proving just how cold it was outside. Everything was calm, well, as calm as things could be. It was still quite early in the morning, so mostly everyone was sleeping. William was the only one up, as per usual. As far as he knew, he hadn't even gotten a minute of sleep throughout the night, which would probably show one way or another.

He glanced over at Lea, who was sound asleep. Frustrated, he stretched, then got up out of bed.After getting up, he decided to take a shower, which seemed to take longer than it did. Coming out of the bathroom, he noticed that Lea was sitting on the edge of the bed, rubbing her eyes.

"Good morning." William flatly greeted, making Lea look over in his direction. She groaned in response, followed by a long, drawn out yawn.

"You look exhausted."

"You're one to talk." Lea remarked, which made William chuckle. He sat down on the bed next to her, which followed with her resting her head on his shoulder.

"Did you get any sleep at all?"

"I could ask the same to you." Lea remarked again, which was starting to annoy William. He wasn't annoyed at what she was saying, he was just annoyed that she was avoiding his questions.

"Is something wrong?" The question seemed to strike a nerve, because she moved away from him and mumbled something under her breath.

"Lea."

"What?!" She snapped back, which slightly surprised William. Lea usually wasn't the type of person to snap at people, so it was odd that she was acting like this. Obviously something was wrong, and it was even more suspicious that she was avoiding every question she was asked.

"Never mind." He mumbled while standing up from the bed. He could feel Lea staring at him as he was walking out of the room, but he didn't care. If she didn't want to share, then that was her problem, she was lucky he even cared to ask.

William had woken up with a decent mood, which was rare for not getting any sleep, but now he was quite annoyed. He walked downstairs to see Elizabeth covered and surrounded by piles of flour. He sighed, knowing that this day was proving to be a struggle already. Not wanting to get involved with Elizabeth's nonsense, he went back upstairs, completely forgetting about the ordeal with Lea.

"Elizabeth's downstairs covered in flour, you know?" Lea didn't waste a second before standing up and storming down the stairs. He didn't even have to go downstairs to picture what was happening, that was because he could hear her scolding their daughter, who was loudly sobbing.

- - -

A few hours passed, and the conflicts that were present earlier seemed to calm down, and didn't prove to be a problem anymore. William was sitting on the couch with his laptop, doing some unfinished work from the day before. Lea say next to him, closer than what would normally be acceptable.

"I'm sorry for earlier." William rolled his eyes, not in a disrespectful manner though. It was more in a way to signal that it wasn't a big deal.

"That's alright, Love."

"Why are you being so nice so lately?" Lea blurted out, immediately after covering her mouth as if she said something wrong.

"I can't be nice without a reason?" He joked, but was more serious than how it came out. Lea chuckled, kind of ignoring the question. But before anyone could take a breath, Elizabeth was flying down the stairs with just a towel on, dripping from the shower she had just taken. Both Lea and William were looking at her like she had grown two more arms.