Surprises

William woke up, and stretched. He's gotten used to being alone, and has actually grown to enjoy it. He was still a angry, but there was nothing he could do about it. It's been months, and Lea texts every now and then, asking how the children are, or trying to justify her actions. She always blames her mom for it, saying, 'She doesn't like you, and was forcing me to be with this guy. She won't allow me to go home.' Yeah right.

William got up, and went to shower. He had to drop the children off at school, since they didn't want to take the bus anymore. Which meant he had to go to two different schools, which made him a little bit late for work.

He felt ill this morning, and felt like he couldn't make it into work. He called in, telling them he wouldn't be arriving today, which they understood.

When he returned back into the bedroom, he got dressed, which consisted of putting back on his joggers and his teeshirt, and socks, of course, which he wore to bed. He grabbed his glasses off of the nightstand, which he was still wearing, even though he got more contact lenses.

He went downstairs to get some tea. He grabbed his laptop on the way to the kitchen. He prepared the water for tea, and then opened his laptop. He scrolled through some emails, a lot of emails. But he saw another one from Michael's school. He sighed to himself, as he opened the email. Somebody was walking down the stairs, which it was a little too early for them to be up yet.

He turned his head, and saw Michael sleepily walk into the kitchen, open the fridge, and get some water. He finished quickly, and went back upstairs. William focused his attention back on the email. Which was just informing parents about conferences, about the child's behavior at school.

He emailed Michael's home room teacher, to schedule the meeting. He moved his laptop from off the counter, to the kitchen island. He finished making his tea, then sat on one of the stools. It was around 7:00, because he woke up a little bit late. The children would be coming down the stairs soon, but he didn't want to cook breakfast. Cereal was the only option today.

Michael came down first, and opened the fridge to get milk, because he could tell that his father was ill today.

"Good Morning, Father." Michael said to his father, as he sat down to eat his cereal.

"Good Morning Michael. Did you sleep well?"

"Yeah, did you?"

"Better than I have been lately. Sorry for not making something, I feel ill."

"It's okay, Father. I can see you don't feel well." He reassured his father, who was drinking tea. Elizabeth walked into the kitchen, and looked around.

"Where's the breakfast?"

"I'm feeling ill, so it's cereal for today." Elizabeth groaned at her father's statement, she hated doing things for herself. Chris was the last to come down, and it was quite late. He ate his cereal quickly.

William got up and put his cup in the sink, followed by the children. They started heading towards the door, which William followed behind, sniffling and sneezing once or twice. They got into the car, and listened to Elizabeth complain the whole way. William would've done something about it, but he was too sick today.

They arrived at Michael's school first, then went to Chris and Elizabeth's school. William drove home, and when he entered, he went back to bed. He slept for a few hours, because when he woke up, it was around 10:00.

He stretched before getting up. He went down and sat on the couch, to watch television. He grabbed a blanket, because he was cold. He watched the television for about an hour, then focused on his cellphone. Which he was on for about a half hour before he fell asleep again.