Chapter 2 - The Knight Returns

"Ugh, I hate royal robes. Why couldn't we just wear casual stuff?"

Zelda laughed at you. "It's a royal visit to the Zora Domain. Of course, we have to dress up! Besides, you look nice all cleaned up."

"They're so itchy," you whined, scratching away at the dark blue coat and the heavy gold trimmings. "The belt is too tight, I can't breathe with this collar, and the humidity is awful..."

Your father tried to hide his smile. "That will be enough [Y/n]. If you behave yourself here, I'll consider letting you train with the guards like you want."

That caught your attention. "Yes Father, I'll be good!" You were still riding high after your successful escape from the castle. After the first time, last year, you kept doing it almost every day. Father hadn't let on if he knew or not. It didn't matter, you pestered him to let you train with the guards so you could finally beat Link in your play battles. Honestly, playing with Link sounded way more fun than a boring banquet, even if he always beat you.

It was your first trip to the Domain, and the first sight of its splendor took your breath away. The silver city glowed with an ethereal light, making it feel like the ghostly ships of the Great Sea. "This isn't a palace, this is where the Goddesses must live!"

Your father chuckled a bit. "I knew you'd like it. Come now, we have just a little further to go. I hope you worked up an appetite; King Dorephan loves his parties and his food. I wonder what we'll have for dinner..."

You made it to the final bridge where you were greeted by the Zoran Guard and two crimson Zora in silver finery. One was a little taller than you, while the other was very small, and hid slightly behind the other's legs. "Welcome your majesty," the taller one said with a quiet yet dignified voice. "It is always an honor to see the High King of Hyrule and his family."

"Lady Mipha, the honor is all ours. We cannot overstate our gratitude for the loyalty and hospitality of the Zora Dominion."

"You're too kind, your majesty. Please, come this way. My father is in the throne room finishing some pressing matters that just arose."

You followed with your sister and your guards, but you noticed that the little Zora was holding back. "Go ahead," you told Zelda. "I'll catch up."

You knelt next to the little one. "Hi, I'm Prince [Y/n]. Who are you?"

The Zora looked at you with wide amber eyes, a little grin starting to form. "I'm Sidon. I'm a prince too. I've never seen a Hylian before!"

"I've never seen a Zora kid before." Kid? Guppy? Pup? Roe? You'd have to ask Zelda the proper term later.

Sidon was getting really excited now, inspecting you very closely. His adorably wide smile showed off rows of teeth already sharp as your guard's halberd. "We have a lot of time before dinner. Do you want to play with me?"

   ▲
▲ ▲

"I'm going to give Sidon hell for this!" You growled pressed up against a boulder. A Lynel launched another volley of Shock Arrows at you, fizzling on the rock. "Should've worn better armor," you muttered looking down at your Sheikah armor. With your Dragonbone Shield out, you spun out and charged the Lynel. The lion-man was caught a bit off guard by your charge, but soon it started charging you. You flipped out a Soldier's Broadsword and slid on the ground, between the hoofs, and gutted the terrible beast.