Chapter 5 - A Night of Song and Remorse

"This is amazing!" Zelda snapped picture after picture with her Sheikah Slate.

"I can't believe you were right."

"The runes call it Maka Rah Shrine. Who knew it would be so deeply set in this cave system? One has to wonder why the Ancient Sheikah would build it so far back when so many others are built at the surface."

You weren't exactly paying attention. "Link would love to see this place."

Zelda snorted, failing to hide a laugh. "I'm not sure if the master swordsman would appreciate the archaeological significance of this-" You took her head and turned it. "Oh, I see." In the torchlight, the waterfalls shimmered, casting sparkling light across the cave through the many nearby mineral veins.

"Gotta say, I'm glad I came."

"Then think about all of the other shrines! Many could still be buried or hidden like this one. We should examine the Warbler's Nest next, brother."

"Oh no, you promised we can go to Sturnida. I didn't hike all this way just to ignore the best hot spring in Hyrule."

"I believe the Gorons would debate you on that."

"Fair point. Bright side is we made it all this way and avoided running into-" You heard a rather condescending laugh just outside the cave. "Great... Hey Revali."

"Prince [Y/n], oh and the Crown Princess Zelda! Aren't I lucky? You didn't stop by Rito Village on your way in. Rather rude I think."

Revali... there were many words you could use to describe the emotions you felt for the Rito, though few were appropriate for a prince to say. For some reason, he loved to rub the Rule of Throne Succession in your face. "My sister and I did not wish to impose. If anything," you growled, "wouldn't you be the rude one for interrupting our work?"

Zelda elbowed you sharply. "Revali, it is good to see you. We apologize for not visiting, but we have much more work to do in the north."

The Rito smirked. "The Hebra Mountains are very dangerous, especially for two children."

"We're fifteen, and we have guards," you grumbled.

Revali took no notice. "I hardly think a prince who like to play soldier will be able to do much in a real fight."

Your hand hovered over the Gerudo Scimitar that Telma gave you, but Zelda held you back. "My brother is more than competent in battle. Now if you'll excuse us, we must be leaving, there's plenty of work to be done and I'm sure you have things to do."

"As you wish," Revali sighed. He took flight but failed to get much altitude. The two of you watched him disappear over the mountain ridge in silence.

"Where to, your majesties?" A guard finally asked.

"Sturnida?" You asked, not hiding your annoyance.

"Sturnida," Zelda replied flatly.

   ▲
▲ ▲

You pressed the still icy White Chu Jelly into the bowl with the other ingredients. The boiling mixture now became cooler but very thick and sticky, much like honey. "Hold still Teba, this is going to sting." You ladled out some of the warm poultice onto the open wound.