Chapter 8 - Infiltration

You drummed your fingers on the table, looking back at all of the pins on the map. The clusters did not match any sort of pattern and were scattered all across Hyrule from the major roads to the depths of the Faron jungles.

"Any luck?" Sharpe asked.

"Nothing makes sense!"

"C'mon now, [Y/n] calm down."

"Calm down?" you growled. "I will not rest until my sister's attackers are strung up in the dungeons begging for mercy!" You turned back to the map. "These attacks should reveal their base to us, but nothing lines up. No central base, no clusters of attacks. There isn't any sign of how they even cross Hyrule so easily."

Impa sat across from you, frowning. "The Yiga broke away from the Sheikah long ago, but I'm sure they still employ our techniques. For all we know, they could be using disguises, pretending to be merchants or mere travelers."

"Do you think they might be hiding in the Faron jungles? They seem to really like bananas."

"I don't think so," Impa mused. "Their armor would not do well exposed to the jungle humidity for long periods of time."

"Plus, they'd probably get sick of bananas if they were that easy to get," Sharpe laughed.

"The Yiga armor is based on an older design of ours," Purah piped up. "The stretchy material would lose its elasticity with lots of moisture or lots of heat."

"That rules out Eldin, Faron, and part of Lanayru."

"They probably wouldn't be anywhere near the coast either, like Akkala."

"So somewhere dry but cool. Also, somewhere not too close to banana sources," Impa said. "I believe that would narrow us down to the Tabantha Frontier or the Gerudo Highlands. Both are also near the major roadways."

"What about Tanagar Canyon?" Sharpe asked.

"Too inconvenient to climb in and out quickly."

"That armor is not great for climbing in general," Purah added.

Sharpe looked at the map. "It seems like they're searching for something too. Maybe the hidden shrines?"

You clenched your fists. "That raises more issues. Link may need to use the shrines when Ganon returns."

"We'll need a code, otherwise the Yiga may try to destroy the shrines."

Sharpe nodded. "I think I know the perfect way to communicate the hidden shrines, should we need to use the Shrine of Resurrection."

"There's no guarantee the Shrine of Resurrection will wipe out memories," you countered, "but I agree that a code is good. What did you have in mind Sharpe?"

Your friend smiled. "Do you really have to ask?"

You rolled your eyes with pure sarcasm. Then something caught your eye. Something you didn't quite notice before.

"Your majesty," Impa said with a bow, "I will prepare a few scouting teams to search the area."

"Hold on a moment." You pulled out a new map of the major trade routes of Hyrule, carefully marking the locations. When you pulled away, you couldn't help but smile. "All of the Yiga attacks have been on or near caravans that start from Kara Kara Bazaar. I think we should start looking around the Gerudo Highlands first."