Chapter 9 - Eye of the Storm

You stood with your claymore at the ready high above the Gerudo Desert. "Again, sparrow."

"Yes ma'am!" You charged with your blade raised and got knocked back again by her shield.

"Solid. Your speed and power are good, but your accuracy still needs work. Focus on your opponent and every aspect of your strikes. Speed and power mean nothing if you miss." She looked over you. "None of that matters though if you die of heat stroke. Let's take a break."

You sighed and let the tough façade drop. You collapsed against the wall. Sweat poured down your face, and your stomach was twisted in knots. A slice of juicy hydromelon appeared. "Here sparrow, it'll help."

"Thanks," you blurted out before diving into it. You heard the Gerudo Chief laugh beside you.

After that slice and several others were gone, you wiped the juice away with the back of your hand. The fruit calmed your stomach and cooled you off enough to catch your breath. There was finally time to enjoy the view from Vah Naboris. From here, you could see for miles, nearly to the kingdom's border just past Arbiter's Grounds.

"Feeling better?" Urbosa asked.

"Much better. Thanks."

"Sparrow, you need to properly prepare. What happened to that Desert Voe Armor I gave you?"

"I forgot to pack it. Our trip here was kinda spur-of-the-moment."

"Ah yes, the Yiga Clan. Knowing they are in Karusa Valley certainly helps. We'll have regular patrols now. Will you be returning to the Castle then?"

"No, tonight we're leaving for the new Military Training Camp outside Rauru Settlement. There's some new recruits I plan on testing. Hopefully I can learn something new from them. After a few days there, Zelda and I are headed to Rito Village."

Urbosa nodded in approval. "If you're leaving tonight, then I still have more to teach you. Are you up for it?"

"Absolutely."

   ▲
▲ ▲

The wind howled, drowning out all sound but the braying of the Divine Beast. You held the scrap of cloth a little tighter over your nose and mouth to keep the swirling sands out. You turned back from the outlook and walked back into Vah Naboris. "Any luck?"

Link furiously tapped away at the Sheikah Slate sending each segment of the torso spinning. Finally, he smiled and each one locked into position. "This should be the best set up for us to take on whatever Ganon has for us."

"You mean, it's the best set up to get that final chest." Link blushed as he walked to his prize. "I swear, if it's just some arrows again."

"Hey, arrows are useful!"

You pretended to roll your eyes. Vah Naboris was far more complex than Vah Ruta had been. It relied on the power of electricity rather than water, which also made it far more dangerous. The last thing you wanted was for one of you to get electrocuted. As strong as the Desert Voe Armor you bought from Rhondson was, it couldn't stop electricity. You remembered Zelda had mentioned a type of armor using an ancient material that negated all shock, but no one seemed to know anything about it. No matter, you could make do with just being careful about where Link slung the metal boxes and switches.