Chapter - 22

*Tyran's POV* 🎉Surprise🎉

I sighed as I looked at the clock in the car. It was 8 pm! I couldn't believe that the stupid student of mine ditched her detention. I spend 2 hours searching for that girl and found out that she already led the school. Because of her, I got 2 hours late to pick Jess from home.

Remembering Jess made my heart feel a lot better. I remembered the time when we were small and we used to watch the sunrise. Her smile that time always made me feel so much warmth in my heart. Then I remembered the sunrise that we watched the day after our marriage. I saw the same smile in her face again.

After finding the girl who I fell in love with 21 years ago and then discovering that I married the girl who I was in love with all those years . . . I was happy.

I didn't know if it was fate or destiny.

I tried forgetting her but I couldn't. 21 years of my life . . . everyday, I prayed to Allah (S.W.T.) and hoped to meet Jess one day and right now, after 21 years later, she was back in my life again.

Alhamdullilah.

I couldn't express my happiness. I never thought that this is how one day we will meet and get married again. We even planned to live seperatly before marriage but now, after knowing she is my Jess, I didn't think I can bear having her away from me.

She meant the world to me.

I knew she wasn't ready for a relationship. I could sense the uneasiness about her when we talk about marriage. It was like almost she created a wall around her and didn't wanted to let her walls fall down. I wanted to find out more about her. I wanted to make her fall in love with me. But, I had to take the steps slowly. I didn't wanted to force her into something she didn't want.

But I was willing to wait.

Wait to make her fall for me.

Wait to have her in my life again, but not as a childhood friend or crush, but to have her in my life again as my wife.

I noticed that I reached home and I stopped the car infront of the house. I horned my car and noticed the door of the house opening.

Jess came out of the house, wearing a peach color knee length top. she wore rose red jeens with it and rose red hijab with it, making her look stunning.

She didn't maker her look like a date night or a party, but rather she looked more casual and I loved that about her. She just looked herself.

She came near the car and opened the seat door beside mine and took a seat in it.

"Assalamualikum Tyran," she smiled and then bit her lips. "Sorry. I mean, Ty."

I smiled at her and watched her closing the car door. "Walikum Assalam," I said.

She put on her seatbelt and looked at me. "So, where are you going?" she asked.

"Hm. . . you like Greek food?" I askes her.

Her eyes wided with excitement. "Of course!" she laughed.

I smiled. This was the laugh that I missed the whole day.  I was so stressed the whole day and now when I saw her laughing, it felt like all the stress was draining away from me.

"Okay then, we are going to go to a Greek resturant," I said as I began to drive.

I noticed how she was looking out the window. She would look at me once in a while but then would look down to her hands, without making any conversation.

Was she nervous?

I watched her for a few minutes, until I decided to talk. "You seam nervous," I said.