Chapter 13

A.J's P.O.V

When I felt Pony's brother's car stop, I instantly woke up, sitting up and rubbing the sleep out of my eyes.  Ponyboy was sleeping peacefully and his brother Darry, the muscular one with gray eyes and dark brown hair (to be honest, pretty handsome) pick him up. Sodapop, Ponyboy other brother who movie star handsome and I knew he and I were going to be great friends, opened my side's car door to let me out. When we were inside I realized to that the house was pretty small but cozy and I guess it was because they were greasers but I didn't at all mind. There was a nice couch that Soda said I could sleep on for now and I thought, Longer, if I don't find a way back home. I lied down on the couch and it was real comfy and easy to fall a sleep in But I couldn't sleep. On they way to the house I had dreams of burning churches and Johnny dying in the hospital and almost cried.  Sodapop put a large queen-sized blanket on me and told to lift my head while he put a pillow under my head and after I lied my head back down. He gave me a friendly kiss on the forehead and  started walked out of the room.

"Night, A.J." He said softly.

"Hey Soda?" I called sitting up.

"Hmm?" He said turning in my direction.

I wanted to tell him the truth, tell him that I held magically time traveled here. But even the the thought scared me that he wouldn't like me they way Pony did so I decided against it. 

"You got any embarrassing stories on Pony? I can't fall asleep." I said instead.

Sodapop produced a wide and handsome smile and chuckled quietly, sitting at the edge of the couch.

"Plenty." Soda finally said after making himself comfortable on the couch.

Sodapop told me story after story and each time I had to laugh. Each one was so funny. After a while, Sodapop started to make up tales of the gang and made me laugh harder until I finally fell asleep, smiling.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I woke up to someone shaking my shoulder gently as I lay in the couch asleep. I groaned, turned over, and kept sleeping. Then someone tore the covers offa me and since it was cold and I wasn't wearing a shirt, I woke up shivering. 

It was Ponyboy and he had a big smile on his face for pulling the blasted cover from my body, making the heat escape. I glared at him but sat up and stretched anyway. When I stood up, I smelled the scent of bacon and eggs and walked into the kitchen where Pony was cooking breakfast for everyone. I took a strip of bacon from the plate next to Ponyboy and bit it, tasting the perfect meaty but rough texture in my mouth. I closed my eyes and heard Pony chuckle.

"What's so funny, Chuckles?" I asked teasingly, opening my eyes to inspect him.

"You seem to enjoy my bacon." He replied, pointing to the bacon in my hand.

"Well, Glory, Ponyboy! Can't a girl eat her bacon?" I said, ruffling his blonde hair.

He fixed his hair and laughed, going back to cooking the eggs which were in a pan. Ponyboy told me that the first person up needs to cook breakfast while the others have wash the dishes. I nodded and made a mental note not to wake up first thing in the morning. I didn't really know how to cook anything besides chocolate cake and a grilled cheese. 

"Now, the rest of the gang, which is Two-bit an' Steve, is coming. So you might wanna put a shirt on, A.J." Ponyboy warned me.

"I don't think they gave me my shirt back." I said realizing he was right.

Pony didn't seem to be fazed by this. He told me that there was a laundry room upstairs in the last room of the hall.

"There's a shirt there that's mine with the Pepsi logo on it that you could wear." He said. "It might be big on you though but it'll do fine."