Chapter 18

"Ponyboy, you're head is bleeding!" 

He gave me a strange look and scratched the back of his head, which he told me has been itching for a while. Ponyboy's hand was blood soaked as if by magic. I bit my bottom lip and sighed helplessly. 

" Glory..." Pony sighed.

I nodded and wonder what time it was. It couldn't be any later than 2:15, right?   I saw Ponyboy gaze at me from the corner of my eye and his eyes looked as they were remembering something. No doubt our kiss. I thought honestly. That was my first kiss and sparks flew, leaving us aghast. I knew we both wanted more. I felt something grab my hand and intertwin my finger with it. I looked down, seeing was Ponyboy holding my hand tight. I smiled as we finally reached his house all too fast.  Ponyboy held the door knob and slowly opened it, as if scared to tell the gang about Johnny. Shoot, I didn't wanna tell 'em either.  When the door was fully open, Darry  got up from his chair and I glanced at Pony's eyes. They said,Oh boy, let's not start this up again.I felt the same way.

"Ponyboy? What's wrong?" Darry asked, suddenly looking terrified. 

"It's .. Johnny..." He told them. "He's dead." 

A sudden strangling noise came from Sodapop and Steve's face went white. My heart stopped even though I already knew the news. Thoughts of denial still ran through my mind anyway. Two-bit glanced at me.

" And Dallas?" Two asked.

"He ran off. He's gonna blow." Ponyboy answered.

"You should sit down, Pony." Darry said coming closer.

Ponyboy backed away, scared.

"Don't touch me." He groaned.

I felt hot tears filling my eyes as I watched the scene. Johnny's gone, Dally ran. This night can't get worse.

But I was wrong 'cause  the phone rang.