VIII. the tornado

LIGHT FLUTTERED THROUGH the blinds like a bunch of laser rays shooting into my eyes

LIGHT FLUTTERED THROUGH the blinds like a bunch of laser rays shooting into my eyes. I snapped my eyes shut painfully and groaned, feeling the beginnings of a hangover approach.

I yanked the covers away from me and got out of bed blindly, forgetting that William was sleeping on the mattress next to my bed. I tripped over him with a grunt and landed painfully on his hard body.

"What the fuck, man?"

"Sorry," I muttered, struggling to get off him. We were a mess of limbs tangled in his own covers. He pushed me off of him violently grunting a "there."

"Douchebag."

After dressing up in the bathroom, I pulled a shirt over my head and headed downstairs to the kitchen. Surprisingly, Jade was standing there reaching out as much as she can to the cupboards over her head. I had forgotten that she was with us.

"Need help?"

Shocked, she dropped the plastic plate on the ground, emitting a clattering sound on the ceramic floor. She wore a too big shirt that reached her thighs that probably belonged to Brooklyn, revealing her legs.

"Jesus Christ, you scared me," she cried out with a hand on her chest, bending down to pick up the plate on the floor.

"Sorry," I chuckled.

"But yeah actually, I can't reach the cereal. Why do you guys keep it so high?"

My lips twitched as I tried hiding a smile and grabbed the cereal effortlessly, handing to her. "How was last night?"

She groaned and leaned back on the counter. "The last thing I remember was going on a piggyback ride on a random dude to the beer peg. I am going to kill William."

"What did I do this time?"

I turned around to find him leaning on the kitchen's doorframe with a knowing smirk, his curly messy hair was pointing to all sorts of directions.

"You gave me this," she jabbed a finger to her temple with a scowl. "The worst hangover in history."

"And the best night of your life."

She glowered some more before turning back to her bowl of cereal, pouring some milk into it. "I'm never drinking again."

"That's what they all say," he said under his breath before grabbing an apple and taking a bite out of it. "Where's Brooks?"