Chapter Three

Chapter Three
Discharged

~ Shido P.O.V ~

-

Authors Note

This means flashback:

~
Text
~

--------------------------------

I was still thinking about the plan that Kotori told me about. It was past midnight. I just couldn't settle with it.

The way they're doing this isn't right. It's wrong.

~
"Explain, Kannazuki," Kotori said.

My vision jumped to Kannazuki who just nodded.

"It wasn't our idea in the first place." Kannazuki implied. "His parents were the ones who requested to be hidden away from Y/N."

"But why?" I asked. "Why would a parent do that?"

Kannazuki was silent for a second, until Kotori responded instead.

"Dana L/N called him a monster. A monster who could not be named her son." Kotori lowered her voice. "Daisuke, Y/N's father, he died during Y/N's rage."

I was taken aback and stepped away. "You said his mother worked for DEM... Right?"

Kotori nodded.

I remained silent. "This is insane..."

Kotori stuck her lollipop back in her mouth. "I must say, it is quite  a twisted story."

"Twisted? That's crazy!"

"But that's besides the point." Kotori pointed out. "This helps us as well since we do need to figure out Kurumi's motive."

"Isn't there another way?" I asked, determined to find an alternative solution.

Kotori nodded.

"Then why-?"

"This is the most effecient way," Kotori interrupted. "Even if we did do it another way, Y/N would still think his parents are dead. His mom was the one who wanted this."

"I..."

Kotori sighed. "Just deal with it Shido," she demanded.

I sighed. "Fine! But if I find another way, I'm telling you Kotori..."

Kotori arched a brow and crossed her legs, smiling. "That's nice of you but it's just not going to help. I'm sure you of all people know that, Shido."

"No!" I yelled. "I don't. I'm definitely finding another way."

"There's no way you're stopping me."
~

I mean what I say, Kotori.

I'm not letting you change my mind.

***
The Next Day
~ Y/N P.O.V ~

I was woken up by the sounds of someone waltzing into my room. It was the nurse.

"Oh dear," she spoke and covered her mouth. "Sorry if I woke you up..."

I smiled and shrugged it off. "It's alright," I told her.

She had a small smile on her face, leaving us both in silence for a little while.

I felt a bit awkward so I decided to initiate a conversation.