Chapter Nine

Chapter Nine
The Tragedy

~ Y/N P.O.V ~

-----------------------------------------

What felt like hours were only minutes passing by. My chest was still sore and I couldn't help but think about everything that has happened.

So many things happened. It wasn't expected at all. I mean, I'm just an ordinary student after all...

I felt a really bad feeling in my stomach as I watched Shido get some medications.

"Here," he said, handing me a pill and a glass of water. "It's so you won't feel any pain."

"Thank you Shido," I responded, taking the glass and pill from him. "I didn't really expect anything like that to happen... at all..."

Shido nodded and sighed, sitting on the side of my bed. "We will save Kurumi, no matter what it takes."

Shido looked like he was deep in his own thoughts.

"She's my friend, I want her to be happy..." I stated, and that was the truth. Kurumi is my childhood friend, she was someone who accepted me. The Kurumi that I just saw, that couldn't be her.

Shido smiled. "I guess we want the same things then..."

I agreed, seeing Shido stand up.

"It's time for me to go now. Stay in bed for now, we don't want anything happening to you." Shido reminded me that I was shot. Shot by Kurumi, my best friend.

When Shido walked out of the room, I tried to stop thinking about it. The more I enveloped my thoughts into that particular time, it hurt my chest even more.

Taking the pill, drinking the water, I felt somewhat drowsy. I was losing consciousness, that was for sure. I couldn't take it, and soon, I fell into slumber.

***

~ Dana P.O.V ~

Seeing Miza lying there so vulnerable was frightening. Knowing that a spirit like Nightmare could just break into here so easily...

I couldn't take it at all.

I kissed Miza on the cheek. She twitched a little bit thinking she might've gained consciousness. But that was not the case, because I knew she was going to be unconscious for a while.

I left her hospital room straight after that, heading down a stairway before leaving completely.

Glancing at the receptionist, I walked up to her. I knew she was tired of me visiting Miza a lot but I couldn't help it. She was my own daughter. Just a few days ago, she was almost killed by my son.

Everything up until now was horrible.

How pitiful am I?

***

~Flashback: Years Ago~

This was back when Miza wasn't even born yet, I was close to getting pregnant though. With the one I truly loved.

Haru

"Dana!" Haru's yelling was heard from downstairs, I was cleaning up the house, almost finished with the upstairs part.

"Yes honey?" I responded, stopping my vacuum cleaner so that I could hear her better.

"I don't know what to do..." Haru spoke, his voice lowering.

"Huh? What do you mean?" I asked, yelling. A bit confused, I placed the vacuum against the wall, rushing down the stairs. I thought that it was a delivery since I ordered some supplies for my job, I worked at a bakery at the time.