40 | DAY FORTY

"I know you're V."
Jungkook leaned against the doorway to the art classroom, watching the older boy trying to regain his composure.

"Why are you avoiding me?"
"I'm-I'm not."

Jungkook was caught off guard by the depth of the voice. It was the first time he had ever heard Taehyung speak. To him, at least.

Kim Taehyung was beautiful. Jungkook had never seen a more attractive human in his life. The first time he had seen him, he hadn't been able to help but think why the older wasn't confident in his looks. He had always kept to himself - so much that he had literally become invisible, never mind how good-looking he was.

"Yes, you are," Jungkook said, striding closer. "Why? You already know I like you. What are you so afraid of?"
Taehyung backed away, eyes wide. The closer Jungkook got to him, the more nervous he seemed to become.

"It's-I'm-it's just so embarrassing," Taehyung finally managed to get out. "You weren't supposed to find out!"
Jungkook softly asked the question that had been playing on his mind, "Would you ever have told me?"

Silence. Jungkook shook his head sadly, not able to meet Taehyung's eyes. He had gotten his answer.

Jungkook left the room, leaving Taehyung by himself.