Assigning The Cast

Chloe’s P.O.V.
     I paced back and forth in my cabin impatiently.

     “Sis, will you calm down, everything is going to be just fine,” my sister Destiny, who was sitting on her bed, said to me calmly.

     “I can’t calm down, the drama teacher is going to send us that email any second and I can’t wait any longer,” I said to impatiently.

Seven Seas High School, my bording school, which I do on a boat in the middle of the ocean, is doing a Phantom of the Opera play. Phantom of the Opera is my favorite play of all time. I have always dreamed of being in a Phantom of the Opera play. I’ve always wanted to play the part of Christine Daaé. Which is the part I tried out for. Even if this is the only chance I get to be in a musical then I will take it. I’m just hoping my drama teacher didn’t resort me down to Charlotta. I know I’m better than that. My phone notification went off. My phone was in my hand.

     “Destiny! It's here!” I said to my sister excidedly.

Destiny stood up and walked over to me.

     “Open it,” she said to me.

I unlocked my phone and opened up my email. I was so beyond nervous to read it.

     “Destiny, you read it,” I said to her.
Destiny was about to start reading it.

     “Wait never mind I’ll read it,” I said to her.

I took a deep breath and started to read the email. The drama teacher auditioned all the girls first. The guys they’re auditioning tomorrow.

     “Oh my gosh! Destiny, I got it! I’m playing Christine!” I said maybe a little to excidedly.

     “Yay!!!” Des cheered.

     “Who did I get? Did I get the part of Meg?” Destiny asked anxiously.

When Destiny found I was trying out for the part of Christine she was set on trying out for the part of Meg, Christine's best friend. I looked until I found Meg Giry.

      I smiled knowingly and said “Welcome to the opera house Meg Giry.”

Destiny smiled and she hugged me.

     “At least I don’t have to worry about anybody else playing your best friend,” Des said to me crossing her arms.

     “Yeah, but even if you hadn’t have gotten the part, you will still always be my number one best friend,” I said to her.

     “Awe sis!” Des said smiling.

I glanced over the characters list. I slightly laughed as I looked at it.

     “So guess who got the part of Charlotta?” I asked Destiny smiling.

     “Who?” She wondered.

     “Bailey, the best part is her understudy is London,” I laughed.

    “Let's hope Bailey doesn’t get sick,” Destiny said.

I smiled once more as I put my phone down. I sat down on my bed as Destiny sat back down on hers.

     “Are they using the 2004 movie or the broadway play?” Destiny asked curiously.

     “The movie, thank God, the movie version is so much better than the broadway musical, and plus Raoul is really cute in the movie,” I replied with a smile.

Destiny didn’t say anything she just smiled. My sister and are in our senior year this year,  she’s 18 and I’m 17. This musical will be the last thing school is ever doing,that I know of. Last year we did High School Musical and I got the part of Gabriella. Destiny got the part of Taylor. The Phantom of the Opera is the best musical around, especially the 2004 movie, and I have always wanted to do a high school play of it. Ever since I first saw the movie I have wanted to play Christine. I know it seemed like a distant dream, but I was young. However, that didn’t stop me. I took singing lessons and learned all I needed to know and now I my moment. There was a knock on the door. I walked over to the door. Cody Martin, one of my classmates and one of my crushes since I started this school, was standing there. I also like his twin brother Zack Martin. Destiny thinks Cody likes me to, but I don’t see it.