Musical Inspiration

Chloe’s P.O.V.

       I was sitting on the sky deck studying some of my guitar sheet music. I used to play guitar until I lost it. I can also play the piano and the violin. I brought my guitar and my violin with me but I lost my guitar the day after I came here. I put my violin under my bed. I didn’t know when or where I would ever get to play again so I just haven’t. I miss playing my guitar but I feel like its over now. When I was younger I wanted to be able to get to where I was writing my own music and my own songs. I guess I kind of gave up that dream. I put my sheet music away and started to read my book. Destiny came over to me excitedly. She stood there inconspicuously holding her hands behind her back. I just looked at her weirdly. I’m not surprised it is Destiny.

       “So, Chloe, remember when you lost your guitar and you told me that you were just going to give up because of how much that guitar meant to you and you haven’t played the violin, piano, or guitar since then?”

Destiny asked me happily with a smile.

      “Yeah,” I answered suspiciously.

      “If we ever found your guitar would you start playing again?” Des asked me anxiously curious.

     “Yeah, but Des I lost it there’s no getting it back,” I said to her.

       “Yeah, that’s because you weren’t looking,” Destiny said to me sternly.

       “What's your while point with this?” I asked her.

Destiny just looked at me with a smile for a minute. 

      “So, I was cleaning the cabin this morning, straightening up the closets and cleaning up the bathroom, and I came across something in my closet,” Destiny said to me happily.

      “What?” I asked confused.
      “Oh you know just. . .your guitar. . .”

Destiny moved her hands out from behind her back revealing my guitar. I couldn’t believe my eyes as I saw her holding it.

      “My guitar!” I said excitedly as I stood up.

My guitar has a dark purple base and the top part is a blackish color

My guitar has a dark purple base and the top part is a blackish color. I know it sounds a little weird but I love dark purple. My mom bought me that guitar for my tenth birthday. Its one of the most precious things to me in the world. Dad brought me my violin when I was five. I love both of them so much. I just haven’t played them in forever.

      “You said if you found it you would play it again. Will you?” Destiny asked me sweetly.

      “You really want me to?” I asked her.

     “Yeah,” Destiny responded holding my guitar out to me.

I gently took my guitar from her. I leaned myself back on the table. I was more like sitting on it.