Chapter 1

I hear the coals sizzle as my blood drips down from my hand. The Dauntless section lets out a roar of cheering. I walk Towards my new faction. I felt different, like somehow I am where i belong now. I always felt comfortable in Candor because of the fact that I am very upfront about how i felt towards people. But it didn't feel right. When i was a child i always looked up to the Dauntless. I thought their lifestyle was fun and full of freedom. Even then i knew Dauntless is where i wanted to be.

As the ceremony ended and the Factions started to clear out. I didn't look back. I couldn't give one last look at my parents. I knew they would never be proud of me for leaving. They always wanted me to stay in Candor with the family. But i am in Dauntless now and never looking back!

Running made me feel alive! Although my thighs were burning, it felt good to be free. I was ok with everything till i saw Dauntless initiates climbing up to the train tracks. I started to climb the post, pulled myself onto the tracks, and looked down at the ground below. I don' t think that i have ever been this high up before. My stomach started to feel queasy. One wrong move and i could plummet to my death. Not so good of a feeling!

Out of the corner of my eye i see a train comming towards us. Then a Dauntless born yells "START RUNNING!" So thats exactly what i do, as fast as i can. One after another initiates start pulling themselves into the empty train cars. I grab the handle and use all my strength to pull my body into the train.

Sitting up against the wall to catch my breath, i thought damn i'm really out of shape. I knew it would be a while  till we'd reach the dauntless compund. It wouldn't be so bad to close my eyes for a little nap. Who knows how hard they're going to train us for the next couple of weeks. I need all the rest i can get! 

I can't believe my life has finally started. No more white and black clothes. White never looked good on me anyways. But having to be honest all the time was so exhausting, you can't keep anything a secret. I made a promise to myself that the first person that asks me a question, i am going to lie straight to their face. That will show that i am not Candor anymore. I am Dauntless!

" They're jumping!" a Dauntless initiate yells.

My eyes burst open and i quickly pull myself up and hurry towards the train opening. Sure enough one after another i saw Dauntless initiates jumping onto the roof. My heart started to race. What if i don't make it? What if i fall? But i have to try! Be brave! Just run and jump! If i make it then i am made for Dauntless and if i don't, Well then i die. Yeah not a good way to go if you think about it. No! Focus! I need to jump. Okay, on the count of three i will jump. 1....Oh, hell with the wait. I sprint as fast as i can and jump!

Author's Note: Thank you for reading my first chapter. i hope that after a first few chapters it will become way more interesting. I just wanted to get the beginning out of the way. Feel free to comment too. Thank you :)