Be My Baby

Noh and Jubilee had decided they wanted to be married the week after classes ended at the school, before anyone went on any trips to Japan or interplanetary expeditions, that sort of thing. So Kitty had come in from with Peter Quill at the end of the school year to help throw Jubilee a bachelorette party for the ages — complete with plenty of sugary sweets, pajamas, and taking over Storm's office with the best pillow fort the mansion had ever seen.

The girls were pretty well relaxed, each of them sitting with their feet soaking after the pedicure scrubs, just chatting easily before the big day, discussing the details ahead of them, among other things.

"You know, I'm still convinced Noh doesn't understand the flowers," Kate said with an easy grin. "You should sock him with the ones you brought to Billy and Teddy's, America."

"If you think those are easy to find, you're crazy," America replied easily, without even opening her eyes as she had her head tipped all the way back. "They only bloom for about an hour, so you have to open the portals just right.... For the Demiurge? Sure, I'll do that trick. But I had to sleep it off for a week, couldn't open a thing for seven days, Kate."

"Okay, my bad for asking," Kate said, waving her hand with a smirk. "They just smelled nice is all."

"Well, yeah, they smell different to everyone." America looked over at Jubilee. "What'd you smell? Bet it was something sugary sweet and Kree-flavored," she said with a troublemaking grin.

"That .. was perfectly personal," Jubilee replied. "So never you mind."

America just grinned wider. "C'mon, Glitter Queen. It's not like the whole world doesn't know about you and Marvel Boy."

"Why don't you tell me yours and then I'll tell you mine — since I'm SO predictable?" Jubilee challenged.

"Smells like a medicine cabinet," America said with a shrug.

"Druggie," Jubes said under her breath.

"Lucy keeps me in good supply," America laughed easily. "Must be why I keep going back for more dates."

"So you are an addict," Jubilee said. She grinned widely at her. "When do we get to spend actual time with her? She's cute."

"Well, I was going to bring her last night, but you know how it is. Dating an EMT." America sighed. "Sooner or later, I'll bring her around, but then she's going to meet Storm at a girls' night here, and then she'll probably dump me. Clearly, she's just using me to meet cool superheroes," she teased.

"Just tell her that Storm isn't around much anymore. Rekindling old flames," Jubilee said with a raised eyebrow. "Scandalous."

"Didn't she just fly in from that test flight with Forge, like, this morning?" Kate asked, shaking her head. "Brave woman."

"And back out again this afternoon," Kitty told her. "The Maker is on a roll."

"I've mentioned how cute it is that she calls him that, right? Because it's really cute," Kate said, giggling slightly.

"And he calls her 'his Goddess'," Kitty told her. "They're disgusting."

"Fit right in around here, actually," America told Kitty with a little grin. "You should see Kate and Kurt. It's just nonstop."

"Still?" Kitty said, turning toward Kate. "Honeymoon phase is supposed to be ... you know. After the honeymoon."

"Guess we couldn't wait," Kate said with a grin and a shrug.

Kitty leaned forward with a raised eyebrow and leveled her finger at Kate. "As long as you intend to follow through and not make my Elf a broken little Elf."