The Hazards Of Dating Wolverine

Kate was in an excellent mood as she finished doing her hair for her upcoming interview and checked her lipstick in the mirror one more time. She was humming lightly to herself when Kurt came behind her and rested his chin on her shoulder.

"You seem to be in a good mood this morning," he said with a grin as he lightly kissed her cheek.

"I'm already winning," Kate replied. "Saw a proposal this morning over coffee. Point to the Hawkeye." She turned to plant a deep red kiss on his cheek, leaving a print on his fur.

"That's just one," Kurt replied. "Clint has two. We should put a number on this."

"I thought we were going until she said yes," Kate replied. "Or can you not wait for the island adventure?" she teased.

"I can't wait for the Alaskan adventure," Kurt countered.

"Seeing as I'm already ahead, you're just going to have to pack your swimming trunks, sweetheart," Kate said before she donned more lipstick and just used it to kiss his cheek again, earning a little chuckle from Kurt, who knew exactly what she was doing. She considered it for a moment before she said, "But seeing as she's probably not going to say yes anytime soon — we'll call it first to a hundred or first to see a 'yes,' whichever comes first."

"Stipulations," Kurt said before he kissed her behind her ear. "No throwing this by talking to her about it, and I won't talk him into doing it when I'm around. Which you know he would."

"That's entirely true," Kate agreed as she leaned into him. "Alright, schön, that's fair enough." She kissed him one more time, reapplied her lipstick, and let out a sigh. "Well. Off to the vicious world of business press."

"Be safe," he said at a growling whisper.

"Don't worry. I'm bringing a good bodyguard with me," she replied with a light smile.

"Not the one that likes to irritate intergalactic evil?"

"Oh, is that a concern?" Kate teased.

"The way she tells it, she was a passive observer. You should have seen Scott after their debriefing. His color rivaled JJ," Kurt told her with a laugh. "Logan said he had Magneto face."

"I'm sad I missed it," Kate said, turning to face him properly as she just grinned up at him. "I've only ever seen Grandpa Magneto, so I don't feel like I get the full comparison, but you know — hazards of working with Billy and Tommy."

He grinned at her and stole a kiss as delicately as he could. "I'd like to take you to dinner tonight if you're free," Kurt said. "Ladies choice."

She beamed at him and pretended to think about it for a moment. "I think I can pencil you in," she said as she leaned up to kiss him back. "I'll have to talk to my secretary, Liebende." She came back down on her feet instead of standing on her toes. "And I really should meet her. I'll call you as soon as we're done with the interview so we can talk restaurants, okay?"

He just nodded her way before teleporting to who knows where, leaving her shaking her head at the little bamfs that had stuck behind and were waggling their eyebrows at her.

"Oh, it's not like you guys haven't seen us flirt before," she said dismissively, though she couldn't help but ruffle the hair on one of them on her way down to meet up with K.

The two girls climbed into Kate's little purple car, and Kate was grinning ear to ear as she fiddled with the radio. "No flirting with any of the other guests at the studio," she said with pretended sternness.

"Oh, come on, that was fun," K said with a little laugh. "I don't think he's used to anyone doing anything other than tripping over themselves to kiss his ass."