Not Quite How Logan Expected This To Go

It seemed to be the season for romantic getaways. Kate and Kurt got back from their trip to Alaska — as per Kate's bet with Kurt — just about the time Scott and Annie were leaving for their wedding anniversary trip to Jekyll Island. Annie had just enough time to give Kate a hug and a 'welcome back' before they were off, too, and Kate and Kurt made their way back upstairs to unpack and unwind, still very much wrapped up in each other.

Kate laid out on the bed with a loud, long, "ahh," before she grinned up at Kurt. "It's so much warmer here. What kind of place is that cold in the summertime, Kurt?" she teased.

"The northern tundra," he replied with a smirk.

She laughed at him and picked up a pillow to throw at him from across the room. "It's a good thing you're so cute," she teased him. "And good for snuggling."

"Which was the entire point," Kurt said before he caught the pillow and 'ported over to give her a quick kiss.

"This is true. Sneaky elf," she agreed, stealing the pillow back from him and tossing it over her shoulder to where it more or less belonged. She stole another, longer kiss before she stretched out again and then stood up. "I'm going to go find some coffee," she told him and kissed his cheek. "And maybe answer a few work emails."

"Ah, yes. Back to work." He nodded thoughtfully for a moment. "And I think I'll go see how things are going in the barn." He gave her a broad grin and waggled his eyebrows.

She laughed and kissed him again. "Bis naccher," she whispered in his ear, kissed him one more time just because, and then slipped out the door.

Actually, Kate had every intention of — eventually — getting to her office and getting some work done, but she actually had one last stop that she wanted to make... she thought. Maybe. Possibly. She was still trying to decide on this one, actually.

This had been a long time coming. This meeting. This... conversation. Whatever it was. If she was honest with herself, she had been thinking about it since New Orleans and trying desperately to pretend she wasn't, but... after that trip with Kurt... just the two of them... and after a whole lot of praying that she'd never done before...

She paused outside the door to Storm's office, trying to decide whether or not she should knock or just... forget it. But the decision was made for her when Storm opened the door from the inside and looked surprised to see her standing there.

"Welcome back," Storm said with a broad smile once she had recovered from the surprise. "I'm glad to see you both made it through three days without incident."

"Squeaked through by the grace of God," Kate teased with a little smile. She cleared her throat and bit her lip. "Actually... if you have a minute? I was looking for... I guess... a sounding board?"

"Of course, any time — you know that," Storm said. "Did you want to stay in the office, or is fresh air preferable?"

"Well, maybe we should stay in," Kate said, rubbing the back of her neck. "I don't want anyone to overhear and... get ideas."

Storm tipped her head to the side and simply stepped out of the way so that Kate could slip in past her before she closed the door behind them. "What's on your mind, Hawkeye?"

"A lot," Kate admitted honestly. She rubbed the back of her neck one more time and then gingerly sat in the nearest chair. "I... So, I talked with K the other day in the barn, and she kinda blew through all my excuses, and now I'm just sitting here thinking, maybe I should get married?" She looked up at Storm, wondering if she was making sense and knowing that she wasn't for how quickly she was talking. "And I'm trying to figure out if she just logicked me into it or if I actually want to."