rise one

[] JO []

⠀⠀⠀"Grab the gun!" I shout at my friend, Hayley. She spins around to look at me confused and I roll my eyes, stomping my feet.

⠀⠀⠀"It's on that table!" I point. She looks over to where I'm pointing and grabs it.

⠀⠀⠀I glance at Aria who's struggling in the dead's grip. I look back at Hayley with an annoyed face. "Shoot, goddammit!"

⠀⠀⠀Hayley stumbles at the gun and adjusts her grip. She points at the dead. She shoots.

⠀⠀⠀"You idiot!" Aria screams. Hayley shot her instead of the dead. "Hayley, I can't believe you. I will hate you forever! I hope you die."

⠀⠀⠀"Hayley! You fucking- oh my god. Aria, run!" I scream once I see the dead grab her leg.

⠀⠀⠀"Help! Help me. Hayley I can't believe- Help me!" Aria panics.

⠀⠀⠀"Calm down." Hayley tries. There's tears in her eyes already. Idiot.

⠀⠀⠀"Don't tell me to fucking calm down! This is your fault! You shoot for the dead not me!" The dead is already pulling her down. "I hate you so much, Hayley. When I turn into once of these, I'm coming after you!"

⠀⠀⠀"I'm sorry!" Hayley sobs.

⠀⠀⠀"Aria." I step back. The dead are pulling her down. She stumbles and falls to hit her head. Ouch.

⠀⠀⠀She looks up at me biting her lip. "Go! Just go, you can't help me. If you do, you'll become one of them. One of what I'm about to become."

⠀⠀⠀"Don't think like that!" I say knowing that she's right. I can't help her and it kills me.

⠀⠀⠀"You have to get out of here before you're trapped!" She shouts and the dead bite her thigh. She screams a horrid scream.

⠀⠀⠀"No!" I sob. "Aria!"

⠀⠀⠀Hayley grabs my arm to pull me away from them as I look at Aria. "No, stop!"

⠀⠀⠀I suddenly see a change in her eyes and I put a hand over my mouth.

⠀⠀⠀"Don't look back, don't look back." Hayley repeats.

⠀⠀⠀Aria looks straight into my eye and that's when we turn.

⠀⠀⠀"Do you know how stupid you are?" I shout at Hayley. "What kind of idiot shoots the human and not the dead!"

⠀⠀⠀"I was aiming for the zombie! I don't know, my hand slipped-"

⠀⠀⠀"Zombie?" I ask her. What the hell is a zombie?

⠀⠀⠀"I meant dead-"

⠀⠀⠀"Zombies are video games, this is real life. These things coming after us-" I gesture back to where we came from. "Are dead."

⠀⠀⠀"I know, sorry." She runs a hand through her blonde hair. I hate her. She's acting so calm like nothing happened.

⠀⠀⠀"You know what, you are dead to me!" I scream and she puts a hand over my mouth. I don't know why I did that.

⠀⠀⠀"Shh! You have to keep quiet, you will draw their attention."

⠀⠀⠀"Good, if that means you'll die!"

⠀⠀⠀"I said I was sorry!" She sighs. She looks up like she's asking for something and then back at me.

⠀⠀⠀"Sorry doesn't cut the fact that you killed my best friend!" I shove her.

⠀⠀⠀"I thought I was your best friend too but I guess not. We lost 3 people already, we have to work together. We are all what each other has." A tear runs down her cheek.

⠀⠀⠀"No." I spit. I am not going to just forgive her after killing the best person that kept us alive in the group.

⠀⠀⠀"No?" She looks surprised.

⠀⠀⠀"Yes, no. I'm not going to work together with you. Sorry Hayley, I'm leaving." I say and think through what I just said. I'm leaving her?

⠀⠀⠀"No. No, no, no, no, no. Jo, you can't leave me! I won't survive!" She rambles.

⠀⠀⠀"What? I don't care." I shrug. Wow. I'm being awfully rude right now.

⠀⠀⠀"I'm going to die!" She over-exaggerates. I laugh.

⠀⠀⠀"Good. Have fun!" I say turning around and walking away.

⠀⠀⠀"Jo, you can't do this!" She screams and I roll my eyes.

⠀⠀⠀"Jo!"

⠀⠀⠀"You're gonna regret this! You will! It's now or never!" She screams.

⠀⠀⠀I turn around and point my gun at her. "Now or never?"

⠀⠀⠀"Yeah, Jo! Shoot! It's not like you're gonna do it." She laughs.

⠀⠀⠀"Yeah well I can actually aim unlike you so you're lucky I won't shoot." I shrug and turn back around.

⠀⠀⠀"Fuck you!" I can tell her face would be red by now.

⠀⠀⠀"At least someone will." I mumble to myself.

-

um what

k. idk how i feel about this

this was super short and it like really suck so sorry

lucy hale is jo k