rise two

⠀⠀⠀I haven't stopped moving since I left Hayley. It's pretty sad how I'm sad. I shouldn't be. She's the one that killed my best friend. Maybe I'm being over dramatic?

⠀⠀⠀No.

⠀⠀⠀I'm walking next to a forest on the side of the road. I wonder if anyone, anything will be there but I'm not taking any chances. Dead could be in there.

⠀⠀⠀I hear a noise behind me and quickly turn my head. A dead.

⠀⠀⠀I start to run because my gun is low ammo. It won't catch up anyway. It's not like there's many of them with it.

⠀⠀⠀I wonder if Hayley is still alive at the time. Oh, who am I kidding? Of course she's alive. I only left her about 25 minutes ago.

⠀⠀⠀I decide to take a break and sit on this rock right outside the forest. I look around for any food but of course there's none. I'm starving.

⠀⠀⠀"You're gonna regret this!" Hayley's voice plays on my head. Why would I regret leaving her? She was gonna die anyway.

⠀⠀⠀All of a sudden something touches my shoulder and I get up from the rock. It's the dead. How'd it catch up to me?

⠀⠀⠀"Get off!" I say grabbing anything from my pocket. I grabbed a tiny knife. Eh.

⠀⠀⠀It's other hand touches my waist and I quickly cut it off. The hand is still stuck on me.

⠀⠀⠀I look back up at the dead and kick its stomach. It stumbles back but still has his other arm on me.

⠀⠀⠀I adjust my grip on the knife right when something hits my arm. The knife flies away and I have nothing. My head snaps to what hit me and it's another dead.

⠀⠀⠀The first one comes and hovers over me so I'm stuck laying on the rock. I punch its face making blood squirt out of its mouth.

⠀⠀⠀The second one comes and grabs my only free arm and pulls me. I can't do anything anymore. It's no use.

⠀⠀⠀I'm already a dead.

⠀⠀⠀The second brings my arm to its mouth. I know I'm gonna get bit. I can't say or yell anything because that will just get the attention of more dead.

⠀⠀⠀I see it's mouth open and that's when I hear a gunshot. It goes straight through the dead's skull. It drops to the floor and I get up quickly so I'm free.

⠀⠀⠀I look around to find that a boy with curly brown hair. Probably the one the shot the dead.

⠀⠀⠀He runs over to me with a scared expression.

⠀⠀⠀"Are you okay?" He asks. I can hear a bit of Australian in his voice and nod.

⠀⠀⠀"Thanks." I mumble. He smiles and holds my arm.

⠀⠀⠀"What are you doing?" I pull my arm away. He looks at me with a confused expression.

⠀⠀⠀"You're coming with me." He puts the hood of his hoodie on. It just falls back. He grunts. "You obviously have no team- people."

⠀⠀⠀He starts walking again and I follow. "That's only because I left one."

⠀⠀⠀He stops. "You left a teammate?" He turns and looks at me, eyebrows raised.

⠀⠀⠀"She killed my best friend." He starts walking again.

⠀⠀⠀"How exactly?" He asks once we enter the woods.

"What are we doing here?" I change the topic. The woods aren't safe. There's probably a bunch of dead living here ready to attack.

⠀⠀⠀"There's a shed about 50 steps from here. That's where me and the rest of the guys are staying." He replies. I nod looking around.