rise seven

a/n thank you guys for all the reads!!

Where is the action? Why haven't I seen any dead? It's making me very uncomfortable that I haven't. When I was with my other team, we at least saw 5 dead a day. Now, there's like nothing.

"I'm tired." I sigh sitting on a rock with Luke.

"Me too but we can't sleep." He says quietly.

"I know." I dig my hands in my pocket to see if there's anything in them and surprisingly there is.

I look at what my hand got from inside my pocket. I see a photo.

.. Of me, Aria, and Hayley.

"Who's that?" Luke asks, looking down at my picture. He's moved closer. ".. Besides you."

I look at him and see that he's staring at me. I quickly glance back down.

"Oh um.. That's me, obviously." I point to myself. "You already knew that. There's also Aria." I point to the brunette. "And there's Hayley." I point to the blonde.

"She's pretty. So is.. Aria." He says. I smile even though he didn't say my name.

"Yeah, they are." I grin. I miss them. Even though I'm mad at Hails, I miss her a bunch.

"You're prettier." He says quietly.

I look up at him to see that his face got really red.

"Thanks." I smile and stand up from the rock.

"Where're you going?" He asks, standing up as well.

"I'm gonna go talk to Michael." I motion my hands to where he is.

"Oh yeah, of course." He smiles. He sits back down on the rock and I guess that's my que to go to Michael.

"Michael." I shout. He turns his head around. He was sitting by the stream.

"What?" He groans.

"What? You're getting mad already? You're impossible." I laugh and sit down next to him.

"Shut up." He says when I sit down.

"Where are all the dead?" I ask him. I really want to see one, just to know that they're still here. I'm scared that if one doesn't show, they're gonna all come attack at once.

"I honestly don't know." He shakes his head. "It's worrying me, ya know? I feel like they can still communicate or something and I feel like they're.."

".. Planning an attack." We both say at the same time. I laugh once we finished saying that and so does he.

"We think the same." He smiles.

"Yep." Is all I say. I don't know how to reply.

There's a very, very long pause until he asks a question that startles me.

"Have you ever been in love?"

"What?"

"Love. Have you felt it?"

"W-Why are you asking me this question?" I stand shocked. He's so forward.

"I just wanna know." He shrugs. "Now.. Have you been in love?"

"..No. I don't know what love is." I pause. "We shouldn't even be talking about this."

"Um.. okay." He walks away.

Love. What the hell is that?

-

"Guys. Why aren't there any zombies?" I complain for like the 50th time. I don't even care anymore. I'm craving to see a dead. I need to see one.

"Did you just say zombie?" Calum asks me.

What? I definitely did not say zombie. God, I hate that word. Besides, why is he even asking that? Is he trying to dodge my question?Probably. Since I've been complaining for like an hour.

"No. God. Now, where are the dead?" I almost shout. Hopefully, that will attract the deads attention. I need action. I need to know they're still here and that our journey isn't over.

"Why do you want to see dead so bad? It's not like I don't want to see one, I just want to know your point of view." Ashton looks at me.

"Um.." Why are they dodging my question? ".. I need our journey to continue so that I know it will never be okay. I know our journey will never stop and you said once this is all over, it will be okay. Well, I've noticed that this will never be over because if we die, we become a dead. We don't go to heaven or anything like that. It's never over."

They all look at me stunned. Then, Ashton speaks up.

"You-"

He gets cut off by a sound I've been craving to hear. I turn around smiling until I notice it is not what I wanted to see.

-

hey guyss!
sorry I haven't updated in 2829172773 years, it's just that I've been very busy with school.
school S U C K S!
and so does this book.
sorry for this HORRIBLE chapter.
i want to say ily guys AND ALMOST 1K READS YOU GUYS ARE THE BOMB DOT COM