Chapter 25

Harry's pov.

I'm almost afraid that I'm going to draw blood from how hard I'm biting into my bottom lip. I've been sitting at the edge of my bed for about twenty minutes now, waiting for Louis to reply to my text asking if he was going to the club tonight. I work tonight, so I was hoping he'd attend and watch me perform, but he hasn't replied yet. We've been texting on and off ever since we had sex three days ago, but I'd much rather see him in person and be able to actually speak to him. 

"Harry?" Is said softly from my doorway. My head snaps up out of surprise, but I end up releasing a small sigh at the sight of Gemma standing there. I couldn't help but hope that Louis would be at my door, but it's very unlikely and stupid for me to think that way. I don't even think Louis would want to come over ever since what happened last time.

"What? Do you need something, Gem?" I ask, doing my best to use a nice tone. She still thinks that Louis running out on me was her fault since she lives here, despite the multiple times I've tried telling her that it was just Louis being an assuming asswipe.

"No, I just wanted to talk to you about something.." She trails off, taking a few steps so she's officially inside of my room. "..about Louis, actually."

I simply nod and gesture towards my bed. She gives me a small smile before sitting down next to me, a few inches left between us. We sit in silence as I wait for her to say something, and it's nearly to the point where it's uncomfortable, so I'm thankful that she finally opens her mouth.

"Look, do I need to move out so you and Louis can continue being together? Seriously, Harry, I don't want to come between you two," She says, sighing slightly before continuing. "You finally seem happy and I like that. You've actually been seeing someone and not just.. you know, hooking up with random guys from the club."

"You're not moving out, Gem. Absolutely not," I say sternly, "Plus, this is your fucking apartment. Why the hell would you move out? If it was a problem, I'd pack my shit, but it's not. If Louis has a problem with you - which I'm not even sure he does - then he can find a different boyfriend."

She laughs lightly, scooting a bit closer to me before resting the side of her head on my shoulder. My arm snakes around her back, hugging her body into mine. We stay like this for a couple more minutes in complete silence before she speaks again, completely surprising me. "Do you like him?"

"What? Of course I do."

"What do you like about him?"

"Gemma," I groan, throwing my head back dramatically. "I don't wanna play this game."

"You always made me do it when I got a boyfriend, damnit!" She laughs, swatting at my thigh. "I know you're the brother, but I'm the older sibling and I demand that you answer my questions. I want to know if this Louis kid is worthy enough to be with my wonderful baby brother."

"Fine, fine. Ask your damn questions," I smile, turning my head to rest my chin on her hair.

"What do you like most about him?"

"That's a hard fucking question, you evil whore," I laugh and she swats my thigh again. "Um.. Well, I like the way he's not afraid to stick up for himself, you know? Like, he doesn't put up with Zayn and I's shit - which is a first. Most guys I've been with have just followed along with whatever Zayn or I did and said, just to get in my pants. Louis doesn't do that."

"So far so good," Gemma says, "What's his best attribute?"

"Personality wise or physically?"

"Both."

"He's a sassy mother fucker, I'll tell you that," I chuckle, "I like that 'bout him. It's something I'm not used to. Oh, and his best physical attribute has to be either his amazing ass or his beautiful blue eyes. I swear, Gem, his eyes are the most wonderful shade of oceanic blue."