Frank

Frank sat at the end of his grandma's bed and rested his hand on her leg. She was in the bed with a cup of tea in her in feeble and wrinkled hands. She slowly sipped on the drink and Frank forced a smile. He stood up and reached for her head to raise it. He brought his hands back quickly when his Grandma smacked them away.

"You came in here for a reason." His grandma said with a stern look on her face.

Frank rubbed his upper arm and chuckled nervously. "Oh. I got the plane tickets to California today." Frank had told his grandma about his plan to move to California. She wasn't to happy about him being so far away from her but she agreed. "I leave tomorrow." Frank wasn't to excited himself. He was scared of being on his own. He never had a high self esteem and always had low expectations.

His grandma sighed. "Then get packing." She shooed him away and Frank walked out the room. Frank packed up his things and grabbed a few darts and the dart board. He'd always had an excellent aim. He'd compete with his friend if he had any. Frank had been planning to move San Diego for maybe two years. Now at 19-years-old and he's trying to go to the University of San Diego for Computer Science. When he was a kid he thought about joining the military but after his mothers death, he refused to even consider it.

In the middle of the night, Frank woke up to smoke and fire. He covered his nose and sprinted to his Grandmothers room. The door was locked and he tightened his fist. He bared his teeth and broke down the door to see his grandma slowly inching out off her bed. "Grandma! Come on!" he was rushing to help her but she held her hand out.

"I'll be fine. Take your stuff and go." Frank gave her a hug and had a tear roll down his face. "I can't leave you. I'll be alone."

"I'll be fine!" His grandma waved him off and smiled. Frank bolted out of the house with tears still running down his house.

Frank sat outside for an hour before moving. When the firemen came, they saw Frank sitting alone in the snow curled up in a ball crying. When checking for his grandma, they said there was nobody in the wreckage.

They gave him a ride to the airport and gave him some money for food. After getting on the flight, he sat in silence watching the ground below him.

After falling asleep, he awoke to the chatter of the people on the plane as they got up to depart the plane. Frank quickly got his luggage from overhead and took a bus downtown.

When getting off the bus he put in his headphones and started walking along the sidewalk looking for Airfield Road.

He stopped in his tracks when he thought he saw a familiar face. A musician he liked. Nico di Angelo was his name. As he got closer he had to ask.

"Uhh... I'm sorry to bother you but are you Nico di Angelo?" Frank asked nervously. He looked at the girl next to him and wondered if that was his girlfriend.

"Yeah. I am." He held his hand out to Frank and smiled. "You don't look like you know where your going."

Frank managed a chuckle. "Yeah I don't. I'm looking for Airfield Road. I'm supposed to be meeting a friend at their apartment."

Nico tilted his head. "I actually know two people who live in the apartments over there. The singing duo Reyna and Jason."

Frank's eyes widened. He didn't want to bother him anymore but he was lost. "I'm looking for Reyna, actually."

Nico stopped in his tracks. "Really. I'll take you to her I guess. But if you're lying Reyna won't be happy."

Frank followed them slowly trying not to lose them in the crowd. They were both small people and Frank was a big dude. When they arrived at the apartments Frank timidly knocked on the door. When Reyna swung open the door Frank stumbled backwards and she chuckled.

"Hey Frank." Reyna saw Nico and her face lit up. "Nico! You came." Reyna stepped out of the door frame and let the three inside.

Reyna had on a purple t-shirt and jean shorts down to the middle of her thigh. "How do you know Frank?"

Nico shrugged. "He listens to my music and saw me in the street."

Reyna smiled. "Well I'm glad you both found your way here." She sipped on a cup hot chocolate despite the hot weather.

Frank has never actually met Reyna in person but she put up a disguised ad for help managing the tour.

The ad was hidden by a McDonalds, "Need Help ad."

They called each other and sorted a plan out for him to get to America. Reyna picked up her phone and texted someone and almost immediately there was a knock at the door.

Nico began to walk to the door before it swung open nearly hitting his face. There was a tall man standing in the door way. He looked about 20 years old, with light blue eyes, and blonde hair.

He looked at Nico and smiled. He was about to give him a hug before stopping himself. "Good to see you, Nico."

Nico turned to see the girl awkwardly curled up with her knees pressed to her chest sitting in the corner of the couch.

"This is my sister, Hazel." Nico snacked his head.

Frank sat next to her feeling just as awkward as she looked. "Hi. I'm Frank."

WHY DID THAT TAKE SO LONG TO WRITE?! I ALREADY KNEW WHAT WAS GOING TO HAPPEN.

Anyways, hope you enjoyed. Happy Thanksgiving. And if you don't celebrate Thanksgiving, Happy Thursday off from school!