02: Getting Prepared

Jessica moved about the library as quickly as possible. She shoved what was left of the books she needed to shelve back in there proper places. She wanted to at least finish what work she had. If all of this proved to be some false alarm (though, she had her doubts), at least she could say she had gotten things done before she left.

What she hated most was she didn't have too much outside information. She had the computers, but information wasn't completely reliable and updates were few. Truth and lies floated about the net. She couldn't trust much information if any at all. 

Locking the doors, she flipped the 'open' sign to 'closed' and marched back up the stairs. Pulling a book off the non-fiction shelf, she began flipping though the pages. It was a book on herbs. She knew a few things on plants that could heal but she wanted to be sure. She jotted down a few notes and shoved the paper into her pocket. 

Getting home was her greatest concern now. Still in her work clothes, she knew that it would be difficult to travel if she had to. Of course, she still have the library. She hadn't lied – it was a safe place. It had vaults and a fire door that could cut off half of the library if she needed too. The single fact remained that there were few supplies there and she wasn't sure if it would remain safe for long.

These thoughts rushing in her mind so quickly, it had concerned her that she was less afraid then before. Perhaps putting her mind to work helped. She put it in the back of her mind, shoving the book back in it's place. She rushed out of the library and locked up. Pulling her bike around, she began her ride toward home – hoping none of the supposed undead were walking the streets of her town just yet.