twenty three

"Do you mind if we just have a chill night? Like where we don't have to necessarily entertain each other?" Emily asked.
"That's actually exactly what I wanted." I smiled.
"Perfect." She smiled and leaned in to gently and quickly press her lips to mine.
I watched her walk away back to the kitchen. She had prepared us shepherds pie. I've never had it or even heard of it, but she insisted it was amazing, so I thought it'd be good to try something new.
Right around 8 o'clock, Emily started yawning and sinking into the couch. The episode of Grey's Anatomy ended and she sat up.
"You ready for bed?" I asked her with a small smile on my lips.
"Yes, really bad." She smiled.
She turned off the tv and stood, stretching her arms above her head.
She is so beautiful. I stared at her as she moved, then stood to follow her.
I grabbed her hand and intertwined our fingers. She looked back, her face holding a soft smile.
She led me to her bedroom and turned to face me.
"What?" I asked, looking down at our hands.
She tucked hair behind my ear and kissed my forehead.
"Thank you for coming tonight." She whispered.
"Of course." I smiled.
"I'm so ready to sleep tonight." She geeked and squeezed both of my hands.
"How have you been sleeping?" I asked, moving closer to the bed.
"Not great, but I was actually able to y'know... fall asleep." She pulled back the covers on her side of the bed.
I nodded and copied her.
She took a sip of water from the cup on her nightstand.
We brushed our teeth and changed into t-shirts. I laid in the bed on my side and pulled the covers up to my chin.
I closed my eyes to wait for her, but I saw light and I opened my eyes to see Emily standing with her phone in her hand.
"No, oh gosh what does it look like?" I asked, sitting up.
"Adorable!" She smiled and sat on the bed to show me.
"How many pictures do we have?" I asked.
"A few." She nodded and started to scroll through her phone again. She had more than I do on my phone.
There are photos of us in the morning waking up, dressed for school when she looked amazing, from the games, in the car, on the couch, and more silly ones of us while we were cuddling.
"I didn't realize how many we have. And that's just what you have, not even the ones I have." I said surprised.
"I love taking pictures with you. You're so damn perfect." She looked at me.
"Hardly! You're the perfect one!" I tapped her shoulder.
"Not even close." She locked her phone and set it on the nightstand, then turned to face me.
She smiled at me and I smiled at her. We both just watched each other, occasionally gazing over the other's body.
I broke the stillness and leaned up on my knees, resting my hands behind her neck.
"You are perfect in every way." I smiled.
Her hands found my waist and she shook her head.
I nodded and leaned down to connect our lips.
She pulled me closer, so I straddled her legs, allowing me to sit on her lap.
It turned into a make out session. Her hands gently rubbed on my skin, under my shirt. The soft touch of her fingers sent chills over my entire body. My hands kept playing in her hair, around her jaw, her neck, her shoulders.
I parted our lips and sat back, her hands slid down to my butt.
Her lips were swollen and pink around them. I ran my thumb over her bottom lip and left one more quick kiss.
I climbed off of her and she laid down, I followed and rested my head on her shoulder, then laid my arm across her stomach. She rubbed my back with the hand that was under me and her other hand held my arm.
I listened to her heartbeat. It's one of my favorite sounds. Her heartbeat and her laugh are my favorite things about her. I could smell her scent, not a distinct one scent, it's a magical mix that belongs to just her.
I really don't want to find out what would happen if she were to grow tired of being with me, or if she decided she wanted someone else. It would crush me. She is so important to me, I only want her and to always be around her. It's like a spell.
"Do you think we will last?" I asked quietly.
"What do you mean?" Her voice vibrated through her chest.
"Like... do you think we are going to make it to be able to be in public or... even make it to your birthday or my next birthday?" I asked.
"Well I hope we do... I think we will." She said softly.
"Okay, good. I want to be with you... forever." I barely made a sound while saying 'forever'.
She pressed her lips to the top of my head and then adjusted, I assume she was getting ready to go to sleep.
Her hand rubbing my back became slower, letting me know she was falling asleep.
"Goodnight. I love sleeping next to you." I whispered.
Her breathing deepened, her heartbeat slowed. She's asleep.
I really wish to only let good things to happen to her. She deserves so much good in her life. If we do end up staying together, I will try my absolute hardest to be the best for her. She deserves nothing but absolute happiness.
I closed my eyes and took one last deep breath of her scent and before I knew it I was drifting off into my own peaceful sleep.
Sleeping next to her is so easy, she is so safe. I don't have the chance to be able to worry or be scared of anything. She comforts me even when she's not trying.
This woman has my entire heart. I love her. It's been such a short time frame, but she has completely taken over my life. She is everywhere. She is everything. I love Emily Parker. I just hope she loves me back.