5

brandon; trevors house
———————————-

Of course Trevor has alcohol. And of course i didn't deny it. Who would I be? Rowan denied. But Trevor and I have beer and we're just sitting and talking.
"So. How was it?" Trevor asks.
"Sucked pretty bad," I answer. "Like a lot. It was really lonely and depressing, especially seeing new people. Like damn. They are in for a lot of rough shit." Trevor shakes his head.
"I wouldn't survive a day in there." Rowan nods in agreement.
"Row, you totally could," I object. She rolls her eyes.
"Whatever. Brandon, when are you coming back to school?"
"Not sure. Do I really have to?"
"Oh come on. We have three months left. You can survive that can't you?" Trevor chimes in. Suddenly his phone dings. It's a flash. He looks and then turns his phone off.
"What was that?" Rowan asks.
"Oh. I don't know. Some random account, probably a mistake," He answers, somewhat nervously.
"Okay...." I say. "Anyways. What have I missed?" Suddenly, Rowan's phone goes off.
"It's a flash." She mutters. She looks at me.
"Can you open it?" She asks me. I nod. She tosses me her phone and I slide open the flash. It's of me. In jail.
"What the fuck?" I sigh.
"What was it?" Trevor asks.
"It was a picture of me, from jail..." I tell him. Not even a second later, I get a message.
"'YOU MAY BE OUT NOW.... BUT YOU CANT LEAVE US. NOT YET...'" I read from the message. "From king cobra." I finish. Rowan gasps.
"No. Please tell me your kidding," she says, her voice broken.
"Wait, whos king cobra? Who's the 'us' he's talking about?" Trevor says.
"Just the guy who made my life a living hell." Rowan says. "He nearly killed me, like 4 times. Probably more."
"And it was my fault." I finish. Rowan nods.
"Me, Haley, and Elisia. We were all involved." She explains the rest more in detail, leaving Trevor shocked.
"Woah. Jesus Brandon, you screwed up."
"No shit." I respond.
"What do I do?" Rowan says sadly.
"Row, it's okay," Trevor says. "You have both of us now, we'll keep you safe." I smile at Trevor. Thank god for him because right now I would be having a mental breakdown if he wasn't here.
"Brandon tried to do that last time, and it didn't work. I almost got run over. Elisia got shot with a paintball gun leaving her bruised and bloody. There are too many of them." She says. "I'm out numbered." Her voice goes quiet.
"Rowan. It'll be okay, trust me. I won't let anything happen to you." I say. Rowan looks at me and smiles softly. I smile back.
"I'm gonna go home, I don't feel good. Trev I'll text you. Brandon I'll talk to you later," She says as she walks out. I get up to follow her.
"Wait, brandon." Trevor calls. I turn around.
"Yeah?"
"I wanted to talk to you." He begins. I nod and sit back down. "I want to say sorry. I was a really bad friend and I didn't realize it until you were gone. I let my feelings get the best of me, and I was hurt a lot but I'm ok now. I'm really sorry,"
"I forgive you," I say. I do forgive him. We were both shitty. But I want to change.
"And the other thing," He says. "I think you and Row should stay here for a while. You can stay in the guest rooms, since Mom's visiting her mom for a month or two. So, I think you guys should stay here so Rowan feels safe and I know your situation isn't the best. So maybe you want to consider it?" He finishes. I nod my head.
"I'd love to. I'll talk to Row."
"Cool," He replies. "You can chill here. I got a lot of your stuff when you went to jail from your dad so I have most of your clothes and stuff." I nod.
"Thank you trev. It does mean a lot." I say. He nods back and shrugs. "I do have a question though."
"Yeah?"
"You said you let your feelings get to your head. So you liked me?"
"Duh. It wasn't hard to tell," He says sarcastically.
"Yeah I guess... But I didn't realize you still liked me after Nicki's party,"
"Yeah. I did. But that's in the past now. I'm over your lame ass," He says while laughing.
"Oh really?" I say, throwing a pillow at him. He throws it back until my phone goes off. It's Row.

row: i can't stay here. where r u staying?
me: Trevor's. Ur welcome to come.
row: gladly. Be there in an hour.
me: cool. I love you
row read at 5:21 pm.

"Yikes. What's the face?" Trevor says after seeing my expression.
"She left me on read," I say.
"Lemme see," He says grabbing the phone.
"Trev! Come on," I grumble. He sighs and looks through quickly.
"Ahh. Well, two things. It was the end of the conversation. And you said love you," he explains, like a love expert.
"That doesn't make senses . She said she was in love with me earlier," I tell him.
"Two different things Brand." He says laughing.
"Oh come on! How different can they be?"
"Very!! Trust me Brandon. She would say it back." Trevor explains. I roll my eyes even though he's probably right.

Doesn't she love me?