9

rowan, and elisia at Trevor's house talking
********************************************
I forced Brandon to hide upstairs in Trevor's room where I told Elisia we can't go in while she's here, so she doesn't know he's back and we are living together. That'd be pretty hard to explain.
"So.... nudes?" I ask her.
"Yeah. Nudes." She hits herself in the face. "It was not my proudest moment, but it's not like Ash was just receiving."
"Elisia!!" I exclaim. "I do not need to hear about ash's nudes. I love him and all but no," I joke. She sits down on the couch and sighs.  "What did the message say exactly?" I ask.
"It said 'Newdes,' But not n-u, n-e-w." She explains.
"And just that?" I ask.
"Yeah. Why did they spell it weird?" Elisia asks. "I don't know, it's weird though. Maybe it's a clue that's there is something new going on with the zoo?" I say. "Hey that rhymed," I mutter and smile. She laughs.
"Yeah, But can we try and be serious? This is really scary," She says. I nod.
"Your right, sorry. Well we can't do much about it, king cobra has the nudes. So I guess we just have to wait and find out the cost of them not getting out." I explain. And perfectly on time, I get a text from king cobra. Shocker.
"Your poor besties nudes could be out in a second, unless you want to listen and obey. Up to listen?" I read. I look at Elisia.
"Well, guess we have to." She says. I nod and text back;

me: listening.
king c0bra: perfect. this is a lucky way out. but for Elisia's sake, she should take what she can get. I need her boyfriend to bring me drugs at the grotto at 6;55 pm tonight. I'll be inside waiting. If I don't see him there the nudes will be out by 7:01. Trust me.

I look at Elisia. She stands up and groans.
"Damn it!" She exclaims. "I don't want to do this." She says. "Ash is not dealing again! Not to king cobra or anyone! I cant risk him going to jail, not now."
"I know, I know Elisia. What're you gonna do?" She sits back down. "I don't know..." she thinks.
"Just one trip, right?" Elisia says looking back at me. I shrug.
"It can't hurt," She says. I shrug again. "I'll talk to him. I'll call him right now." Elisia dials ash and here's how the conversation goes.

Elisia: Ash... I need you to do this thing for me.
Ash: Yeah?
Elisia: can you do one little more deal, please? It's a... friend of mine who really needs it. They're dealing with a lot and... I don't know.
Ash: who?
*elisia looks at me and I mouth the name "Kameron."
Elisia: kameron.
Ash: fine. But you owe me big time. And so does kameron. Where and when?
Elisia: 6:55 pm on the dot. At the grotto. I love you, thanks!
Ash: anything for you babe. Bye.

He hangs up and I stare at Elisia.
"That went surprisingly well." She says.
"Let's hope this goes well," I sigh. She nods.
"I'll keep in touch but I'm gonna go." She begins to walk out before she turns back around.
"Wait, Row?" She asks.
"Yeah?"
"Have you talked to Jake?" I shake my head no.
"Oh, okay. Cool. Bye," she rushes out. I sigh and slump down in my chair. This ought to be good.

At 6;58 I get a text from Elisia.

Elisia: Row this was a trap!!!
me: what???
elisia: they set the grotto on fire!! It's burning down rn!!
me: holy shit, Are you there?
Elisia: yea. I went with ash to make sure he was safe and we got there and it was on fire
me: what time did u get there?
Elisia: like just after 6:55. 6:56.
me: well gtfo of there!!!!
Elisia: we already did, we are in the car. Ash almost got on fire thank god hes ok
me: so I guess king cobra isn't playing games anymore, he's out for blood this time
Elisia: He always has been Row.

I close the phone and shudder, feeling tears form in my eyes. Ash could have died tonight. I go upstairs and see Brandon and I hug him. If it was Brandon his dumbass probably would've went to get a closer look and got on fire, but I love him so much even if he's slow sometimes.
"What's wrong?" He asks.
"Nothing." I tell him even thought I'm so overwhelmed, exhausted, and just 100% beaten down.
"You sure?" Brandon asks again. I nod.
"Yeah, Yeah. Just tired. I'm gonna chill upstairs, you can do whatever," I say dismissively.
"Okay, me and Trevor were gonna go out to dinner. Do you want to come?" He asks.
"No," I say. I wave bye and close the door. I go under the covers and turn on the tv, just needing a break from life, distance and space from everyone and everything, even Brandon and trev.

***********************************
Trevor and Brandon talking at dinner
***********************************
Trevor is practically choking on his burrito we just got and I'm sitting and staring at my chips and salsa.
"Dude, what's wrong? This is the best food ever," Trevor says.
"Row seemed distant today, off."
"She's like that Brandon," He replies.
"No she's not, she wasn't."
"You weren't here for 3 months," He says before taking another bite. "A lot has changed." I know he doesn't say this to hurt me but it does because I just realized; how much changed while I was gone? Clearly a lot, but for better or for worse? I cant tell yet.
"I'm just gonna take the food home." I say to Trevor. He nods as he finishes the burrito in under ten minutes. Maybe even five.

We go home and I see Rowan passed out in the bed with the tv still on. I turn off the tv and kiss her cheek and go in the other guest bedroom to sleep, I don't want to wake her. I toss and turn all night until finally I drift off into a super deep sleep....

"Goodnight Row," I mutter. I don't know why, shes not even here. But then I quickly fall asleep.