6

rowan: going to Trevor's house soon
——————————————————

I feel really shaken up by the flash brandon opened. I don't want to be alone. I'll tell dad I'm staying with a friend for a little bit. He's so into his work I doubt he'll even notice, let alone give a shit. I write a note explaining and head out to Trevor's again.

I knock on the door and Trevor opens it, sweating.
"Hey. Did you... exercise?" I ask.
"Sort of." He mutters, and I walk in. From behind him I see a shirtless guy and I think I get the hint.
"Ohhh! Did I come at a bad time?" I say. Trevor shakes his head no.
"No,no.." He says, i don't know how to act right now so I just kind of sway back and forth waiting for someone to say something.
"Hi, I'm Sebastian." The boy says. I shake his hand.
"Nice...." I look down to his abs. "Nice name! Yup. Nice name. Welp, you two have fun. I'm gonna go up to the guest room." I wink at him and walk up the stairs. Well. He seems to be doing pretty good. I open the guest room to see Brandon, in a towel on the bed. I close my eyes and back up.
"Ah! Sorry!!" I exclaim. I walk backwards into the wall and say "Ow!" I sigh.
"Jesus. Why are all the men in this house naked?" I say to him. He laughs at me. I open my eyes back and he's standing up, holding the towel.
"Hello to you too," He says. I roll my eyes and lay on the bed.
"Damn this is comfy." I sigh. Brandon nods.
"Yeah." He's staring at me.
"Yes??" I say after a minute. "Oh nothing." He replies. "You're just really hot right now,"
I laugh. "Yup. And you are really naked right now." I stand up and grab his bag of clothes and push it towards him.
"You should fix that," I say. He laughs and rolls his eyes. He closes the door and I hear him walk away. I also hear Trevor and Sebastian in the other room. (They're not having sex shut up, just making out) I groan and put a pillow over my ears. What the fuck?????????

Brandon comes back in wearing clothes this time.
"I missed you." I say. He nods.
"Same," he lays down in the bed too. "So. What do you wanna do?" He asks.
"I don't know."
"Hmmm." He says, and I lean towards him a little. Finally I just kiss him. I roll on top of him and we just kiss for a little. I have definitely missed this. I pull away and just look at him for a minute.
"Yeah?" He asks.
"I forget to tell you something." I say.
"What?"
"I." I stop for a second. Cue my anxiety to say these two words.
"Love you." I finish. He smiles.
"I love you too." We make out for a little while longer until Trevor knocks on the door I'm assuming. I groan and open the door.
"Yes?" I say as I see him.
"So Sebastian just left. Want dinner?"
"You sure you're not full from Sebastian's snack-looking self?" I joke.
"Row, I'm right here." Brandon says from behind me. I nod.
"You too seem busy too, Rowan. But anyways. I want pizza. How about you two?" Trevor replies.
"Sure," Brandon and I agree.
"Cool. I'll pay," Trevor says. I nod.
"See you," I close the door slowly. I hop back into the bed with Brandon. I lay with him and look at him while I'm on my side.
"You'd never hurt me, right?" I ask him. He turns to me and lays on his side as well.
"What? Of course not." He replies. "Why?"
"I don't know. I feel like hurt and damaged sometimes. Like worthless and nothing," I explain.
"Rowan you are none of those things. You know how many people care about you right? Haley, Trevor, me. And more. Nicki cared about you," Brandon says. I nod.
"Your right, I know. But after all this king cobra stuff I just want it all to end."
"I don't know how many times I'll say it. But I'm so so so sorry," He says.
"No, I'm not looking for another apology from you! I forgive you. You were upset and stupid and it was a mistake. But it doesn't change anything. I'm still terrified. And sometimes I think I shouldn't even go outside, even school." He nods.
"I'm here now though. I want you to try and feel safe. Be positive." I laugh.
"You sound like a counselor," I laugh.
He sighs and laughs too."I'm clearly not very good at being nice..." He says. We laugh for a few minutes and then we're just staring at each other. I'm so happy he's back even though things are rocky. Just like they used to be. But I feel like I'm forgetting something. Something that happened between us that is like huge. But it isn't like a kiss or something. What the hell is it? Ugh.
"Brandon did anything happen to us before you left that was important?"
"I saved your life. Does that count?" He asks.
"No, I feel like it's not even completely you, I don't know." I wrack my brain while he plays with my hair and then it hits me.

JAKE.
I.
Forgot
To
Break
Up
With
JAKE.
How do you forget to break up with someone? Oh my god. I cant believe me sometimes. I have to leave. Now.
"Brandon I have to go. I'll be back for pizza. Save me a piece!" I call as I'm half way out the bedroom door.
"Wait, Row, What?" He stutters as I leave. I quickly text Jake to meet me at the fence.

me; We have to talk. Meet at fence. Rn.
❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️: okay. So serious.
me: Yah. I guess.

I walk to the fence and park and practically sweat to death. What do I say to him? Oh my god. I see him. Too late now. Let's go.