Friday Pub

Okay, so you just started college... Cool. Yeah, that was actually pretty exciting. Lots of nice people and now first week's over, meaning the first bear of the weekend. You aren't really into the whole drinking till you throw up kinda thing, but you liked having a beer or two. 
Only thing is that your lovely big brother, who's only two years older, is also attending "Friday Pub" - Some tradition your school has celebrating the end of the week every other Friday. 

Seen from his point of view, this is what happened: 

*Where is she? Where is she? Where is she?* 

"Man relax dude, she's right over there" Austin pats my shoulder and point me in her direction. 

"You know I could practically hear you worrying about her... You should really relax man. Remember we spent new years eve together all of us. Basically, every guy in a radius of a thousand kilometers was hitting on her, and she didn't even take notice"

"And that's exactly why i-"

"No man. I think she actually knew it. She just had a great time, and wasn't gonna waste any time on those guys" 

"But look. She's basically surrounded by half the guys her year!"

"Yeah, but that's more about how she is than how she looks. Look at that girl"

He points me in another direction.

"She's extremely hot too, and no one is around her whatsoever. Y/N has always had far more guy friends than girlfriends. And if I know her just a tiny bit, she gonna flip out if you tell her to stop having fun. She'll have the guts to go straight over to the next guy and kiss him. No joking"

"Yeah you're probably right" 

See that's why Austin is, has always been and will always be my best friend. 

"Look I'm gonna get a bear. You want one?" 

I nodded once and he went to the bar. 

I couldn't stop myself from keeping an eye on her. She was playing some drinking game and having the time of her life. Suddenly everyone stands up dancing to the song that just started. At the end the group she stands with form a circle yelling "CHEEEEERRS!!". 

They're actually not that drunk, and they seem quite nic- Wait who the fuck is that?!?

A guy, good-looking may I inform, walks from across the room keeping his eyes on my little sis the whole time, and as far from what I can see she's grinning back at him. She turns around for another round of cheers when he walks up from behind. 

He sneaks his arms around her, an unlike what she would normally do, she doesn't politely push him away. Instead, her face turns read while she's eyeing her friends who're understandably giving her the look saying "Oh my god he's hot. We're so gonna talk later!".

 We're so gonna talk later!"

"Okay, I take everything I said before back

"Okay, I take everything I said before back. We're so gonna kill him" 

"He's so dead, Austin"

"Mmmmh"

............

20 years later. 

So a lot has happened. The sneaky guy, Christopher, is not yet dead, but now your husband. Not many months after "Friday Pub" you changed your Facebook-status from "single" too "in a relationship". 

After a few years, you were so attached to him that it scared the hell out of you. Hence why you moved to New York. Yes, I know, but you needed to be certain that you were an independent person, and that you could do anything - also by yourself. 

After a couple of years, you were more confident in knowing not who you were, but what journey you were on to find out. And you also knew very surely that you enjoyed that journey far more with your college-crush Christopher. 

You took it slow, cause inside you both knew you had the rest of your lives together. Now we're standing at your wedding, and your big brother is embarrassing you in his speech by telling stories and showing pictures from your college time. 

Someone actually took a picture of you and Christopher that night at the "Friday Pub". You had never seen it yourself before, but you surely remember the night;-)