bloody birdie (tw)

TW - Blood, violence, and a sexual assualt attempt

I felt uneasy as I rounded the alley corner. It was past midnight now, and my parents would be beyond pissed if I was any later.

"Heya, baby," muttered a voice.

Milliard.

"Leave me alone, you asshole," I growled.

"No one breaks up with Milliard Bingsley. No one," he said.

I was shoved to the ground with a kick in the stomach and nose punch. My nose started to bleed on my shirt. Darn! This is a new shirt! I thought. My brain was fuzzy as my head was slammed against the cinderblock outside of the building. Milliard tackled me to the ground and held a hand over my mouth while I kicked and screamed.

"What the hell are you doing?" yelled another male voice.

It wasn't who you are probably thinking. Oh no, for this voice belonged to Connor Snelton. Milliard's best bud.

"Oh shit," he gasped. and tried to run away.

He did 't run fast enough. Connor punched right in the face. 

Hot, salty tears of pain streamed down my face as the police arrived. I was rushed to the hospital. Everything looked spotty and fuzzy and I couldn't see clearly. The memories I can remember from the hospital were the nurses shining lights in my eyes and questions asked. After the whirlwind of people, I succumbed to the darkness.

"Birdie?" asked a voice.

Hardy looked right into my eyes. I was awake after sleeping. I had already seen most everyone the two days before. I guess he was waiting for his time alone.

"Hi," I muttered.

The room was silent.

"I'm really sorry," Hardy muttered.

"It's alright," I told him.

He explained that Milliard was charged with assualt. My parents had also filed a restraining order if he tried to come near me when he got out.

"Stay gold, Birdie, stay gold," Hardy said as he left after the nurse said I needed rest.

For the first time in these three days, I felt happier.