oops (oh my)

You come to the conclusion, when it's 1 in the morning and you accidentally snap the head off that expensive over-complicated sex toy trying to figure out how it works that you can't take it anymore. You're sick of being mad, you're sick of wasting energy, and you're sick of not having N'Jadaka's fine ass blowing your back out.

Both your friends are on two separate sides of the spectrum. One on side Kayla thinks that you should just keep on keeping on unless he does something else fucked up to you, and on the other Sydney thinks you should pay him no attention until he does extra right by you.

But you really miss him and his nicknames. And maybe you miss being sore in the mornings. Kayla's idea makes more sense.

You groan, disturbing King who's been sleeping at the foot of your bed, despite the fact that he has a perfectly good dog bed in the corner of your room. You've started to pack your stuff up, and your apartment is full of Home Depot boxes and bags.

King hops up to come over to you, flopping down with his head on your chest and you have to apologize in advance. "King, I'm sorry boy but you're gonna have to get caged in the living room in a minute."

And it's so funny because it's like he understands you, voicing his irritation by whining and nipping at your hand as you try and pet him. But it's too late, you're already unlocking your phone and tapping a simple message with a nasty ass implication.

Come over, please. - You

Leaving it at that, you go to get up to the bathroom but the phone buzzes with a reply immediately.

What I tell you about beggin - N

So being polite is begging now? - You

The two of you end up bickering back and forth over text, and by the time it migrates to an actual phone call you really wonder why you bothered in the first place. He keeps saying stuff in Xhosa to make you mad, only not to tell you what it means when you ask. You keep alternating between laughing and insulting him, and suddenly it's 3 AM and you're exhausted.

Your eyelids are heavy as you lay on your back, holding the phone up to your ear despite the fact that neither of you are talking. Still, he's on the other side because you can hear shuffling and the sounds of the tv in the background. God, do you wish you were in his bed; not even for sex anymore but just for the fact that it's absolutely the best mattress you've ever slept on. It supports your back perfectly and you never wake up with any pains.

"So are you coming over?" you ask sleepily, probably sounding like you've smoked the holiest of blunts.

"I'm busy, lil bit," N'Jadaka says, chuckling at you. "I got you tomorrow night."

"Tomorrow night?! C'mon, NJ, what about tomorrow afternoon?"

"'NJ', huh," he goes, sounding amused.

In your defense you're a little sick of saying his name, and self-conscious about your pronunciation. You just laugh it off. "Your name is hard to pronounce and you always make fun of me for saying it weird."

He doesn't say anything, only chuckling at you again.

There's more silence, and you're biting your lip hard as you think about what you want to do tonight. Your brain is telling you to go to sleep, but it's also unable to stay that way because of the complete disaster your apartment is at the moment. There's just shit everywhere and all of your clothes are either in boxes or stuffed in various tote bags around your room.

He suddenly says, "That's real cute," in a way that you think he's making fun of you.

"What's real cute?"